Technical tyre pressure sensors on ss kit

Currently reading:
Technical tyre pressure sensors on ss kit

nbatch

could someone please advise me on the tyre pressure sensors as i had the ss kit installed on my new abarth before i picked it up and my girlfriend picked the car up as i was in work.

I've had it over a month but just found out about the tyre pressure sensors and havent a clue what they are or how i check them. i have done some reading and they mention they are something to do with replacing the dustcaps but i just have the standard plastic dust caps so have i been ripped off by my abarth dealer and not had them installed??

cheers

nicky

could someone please advise me on the tyre pressure sensors as i had the ss kit installed on my new abarth before i picked it up and my girlfriend picked the car up as i was in work.

I've had it over a month but just found out about the tyre pressure sensors and havent a clue what they are or how i check them. i have done some reading and they mention they are something to do with replacing the dustcaps but i just have the standard plastic dust caps so have i been ripped off by my abarth dealer and not had them installed??

cheers

nicky

Hi Nicky and welcome to the forum. :wave:

Basically, they are a PITA, lol. Most people that have had them fitted just bin them and fit ordinary dustcaps, looks like your dealer has cut out the middleman, ie. you.

In the kit you get 4 pressure sensitive dustcaps, two for the front and two rears. When the pressure is correct (or indeed, overinflated) they should show white and when low on pressure they turn red. You should also get a case with a TP gauge and a tool for removing the caps so it seems that you have been charged for something you didn't receive.

Have you checked in your wooden crate to see if they are still in there and just not fitted?

thanks for the reply.

I havent really checked in the crate, i only opened it once to check what wheels they took off. I'll have to have a dig around in there later but it's a bit naughty if they haven't included them and i shall be ringing for an explanation even if i do decide to take them off as it should have been part of the SS kit i paid for.

Back