Register Login
Save up to 15% with Adrian Flux insurance!

Old 07-12-2011   #1
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
New Abarths

Abarth has unveiled its latest versions of the Fiat 500 at the Bologna motor show, including the Abarth 595 Turismo, Abarth 595 Competizione and the Abarth 695 Assetto Corse.
The 595 is available in both Turismo and Competizione guises the former offering more style and comfort, the latter aimed more squarely at performance enthusiasts. Both are available with a turbocharged 1.4-litre motor with 158bhp and 170lb ft and can crack 0-62mph in 7.4 seconds.
The engine uses an over-boost function which modulates the amount of available turbo boost and is activated by a sport button on the steering wheel. Unchanged from the 500 model is Torque Transfer Control, which helps to improve the transfer of torque to the driven wheels.
Both 595s feature a leather steering wheel, and aluminium finished pedals, kick plate and gearbox trim surround. Turismo models come with an automated manual gearbox, while Competizione variants use a 5-speed manual transmission. These more focused models also feature 17in titanium-coloured alloy wheels with yellow Brembo brake callipers.
Two customisation kits are also available on both models. The first provides perforated self-ventilated front and rear disc brakes, while the second adds adjustable shock absorbers and shorter springs to give a lower ride height.
At Bologna, Arbarth also unveiled the 695 Assetto Corse. With 202bhp, the hottest version of the baby Fiat - although road legal - has been developed for track use and features a sequential gearbox and FIA-spec safety kit, including a roll-bar.

Last edited by ukmike2010; 07-12-2011 at 20:44.
ukmike2010 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 08-12-2011   #2
aka tony

grimwau will never be forgotten
grimwau has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: New Abarths

I am particularly interested in the 595 Turismo. From the reports it will use the American 1.4 litre T-jet engine (MultiAir). I'm not keen on the two-tone Grigio Pista and Rosso Officina paint job and I was hoping we would get a flappy paddle DDCT/DSG type transmission rather than the MTA flappy paddles auto gearbox. However, I guess that as I won't be able to afford one it won't really matter, lol. .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=SInBenYIwRI

Last edited by grimwau; 13-12-2011 at 08:41.
grimwau is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 08-12-2011   #3
STOP! Hammer time!

306maxi has donated!
United Kingdom 

Quote Originally Posted by grimwau View Post
I am particularly interested in the 595 Turismo. From the reports it will use the American 1.4 litre T-jet engine (MultiAir). I'm not keen on the two-tone Grigio Pista and Rosso Officina paint job and I was hoping we would get a flappy paddle DDCT/DSG type transmission rather than the MTA flappy paddles auto gearbox. However, I guess that as I won't be able to afford one it won't really matter, lol. .
I think this is the model Fiat should be making. Multiair 1.4, DDCT gearbox, sorted suspension and a lowish price and it would sell well.

Last edited by grimwau; 09-12-2011 at 08:01.
306maxi is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 08-12-2011   #4
loveshandbags has donated!
Ireland 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=SInBenYIwRI
Thanks for that . The youtube comments do state that it's using the MA engine that is in the US (North American) 500 but it is not mentioned in the opening post press release. Can't work out if this will be the 'all new' 2012 A500 European model or if it is the 'old model' with just the MA engine - that's if it actually has the new engine and is not just a SS spec A500 engine.

Last edited by grimwau; 09-12-2011 at 08:00.
loveshandbags is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 09-12-2011   #5
USA 

I am particularly interested in the 595 Turismo. From the reports it will use the American 1.4 litre T-jet engine (MultiAir). I'm not keen on the two-tone Grigio Pista and Rosso Officina paint job and I was hoping we would get a flappy paddle DDCT/DSG type car parts rather than the MTA flappy paddles auto gearbox. However, I guess that as I won't be able to afford one it won't really matter, lol. .
The Turismo is amazing take it from me.
Likes grimwau liked this post

Last edited by grimwau; 09-12-2011 at 08:00. Reason: Oops! Typo, used the American liter instead of our litre.
Desrowing is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 19-01-2012   #6
United Kingdom 

Any more updates on when the UK gets new or facelifted models.

Ive had a hint not to order a replacement as theres something new in the offing

Stuart J is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 26-01-2012   #7
United Kingdom 

Anyone ??

Stuart J is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 26-01-2012   #8
aka tony

grimwau will never be forgotten
grimwau has donated!
United Kingdom 

Stuart, I haven't heard anymore but Ben (Westover Sports Cars) said that as soon as he has any news he will ring me.