Styling Chrome door handles...

Currently reading:
Styling Chrome door handles...

Again I am going to vinyl the handles and would prefer to remove the handles first for a better finish but am not sure how to remove the handles. Is the chrome popped on or is it one whole unit bolted to the door and I need to remove the door card to take off the handle? I tried searching for threads but only got threads with info about broken handles but no pictures to see how they are fitted :(

Again I am going to vinyl the handles and would prefer to remove the handles first for a better finish but am not sure how to remove the handles. Is the chrome popped on or is it one whole unit bolted to the door and I need to remove the door card to take off the handle? I tried searching for threads but only got threads with info about broken handles but no pictures to see how they are fitted :(

Do you mean the interior or exterior handles? Either way you will need to remove the door card to gain access to the screws/bolts holding the handle in place. Below is a link that will explain how to remove the door card. (y)

https://www.fiatforum.com/500-guides/204444-500-sound-insulation-doors.html

Thanks, I was wanting to do the external handles but I reckon it will be too hard to do by myself they look mighty fiddly so will leave them until I can get a pro to vinyl them I think

Although there is a lot of satisfaction gained from doing jobs yourself I agree that if you are a little out of your comfort zone then it is sensible to use someone who has the right skillset to do a professional job. When they are done don't forget to let us see the results. (y)

p.s. Have you checked out Daron's (TMC) website lately as he has added quite a lot of CF goodies to it lately.

Yea the carbon fibre stuff looks good but a bit too expensive for me for something that won't make much difference to the car. I can't justify paying £100 or so for a bit of carbon fibre that I could wrap instead for a couple of £'s and look exactly the same hehe. I was going to continue with the gloss black finish and might paint all the chrome bits on the car gloss black in the future.

I like the look of the Abarth Competizione model which is all blacked out (pic below). I think it would look much better in red minus the Abarth stickers along the bottom (not a fan of them)

Attachments

• Fiat-500-Abarth-2.gif
    Fiat-500-Abarth-2.gif
    98.1 KB · Views: 44
Back