General Tyres

Currently reading:
General Tyres

So purely for cosmetic reasons then?

If so then got for it - more than a few people have done the same, generally to achieve better rim protection.

If you are doing it for handling reasons then you're wasting your time, you'll just make things worse as the car is already "over-tyred" and if anything could do with narrower tyres and better still on the 16" rims instead of the hefty 17"ers that some of us had no great choice over.

Just remember that the car will tramline worse than it does already.

The only place you might benefit from the wider tyres is on a track where it could conceivably help to keep the tyres from melting a little longer...

Ye, purely for cosmetic reasons. thanks for your comments.The ride is a bit firm on 40s profile on 17s, so next tyres I think will be 215 45s, slightly wider a ltlle bit more profile.
Should have had 16 inch rims, but would have longed for the 17s, you know what we blokes are like.....laters

Hi guys , just to let you know, have put 205/45s on the 17" wheels.
They are slightly fatter bigger profile. The drive now is like a different car.
Alot smoother on our roads, it tram lines less now than the originals, looks good no need to down size to 16" wheels which was my test drive car.
Would now recommend the 17" wheels for the A500 as mine now feels & looks fantastic on the road.One for the books......

Back