General Best country to source LHD 500C Abarth.

Currently reading:
General Best country to source LHD 500C Abarth.

loveivs

Hi All,

I am looking for a brand new Abarth 500C. LHD Countries I know is Germany, Netherlands and Italy.

www.mobile.de is the website I am looking at. Can anyone suggest the best country/place to source the A500C. and How people comment about the AMT box.

Hi All,

I am looking for a brand new Abarth 500C. LHD Countries I know is Germany, Netherlands and Italy.

www.mobile.de is the website I am looking at. Can anyone suggest the best country/place to source the A500C. and How people comment about the AMT box.

There was a thread from a guy from Norway looking to buy a LHD 500 dualogic in the UK but I never heard back on the response that I gave him. The countries that I listed (Malta, Greece, Finland) were cheapest for pre-Tax prices but it would appear that the UK could be the cheapest and they should be able to 'deliver' LHD - it does not have the same restrictions as e.g. Poland on RHD.
http://blogs.wsj.com/brussels/2010/07/09/europe%E2%80%99s-cheapest-cars/

Re LHD countries the EU had only 4 countries that are RHD and they are the UK, Ireland, Cyprus & Malta. The rest are LHD.

The cheapest country to buy cars in Europe would appear to be Denmark
http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview?id=770373
http://www.autocar.co.uk/forums/p/9437/72459.aspx

but they have no Abarth dealership. The countries that have them are the following :- Italy, Germany UK, France, Swtizerland, Austria Netherlands, Greece & then Belgium, Portugal, Spain & Poland.
http://www.italiaspeed.com/2008/cars/abarth/07/500_abarth/introduction.html

If it was me I would enquire with an 'outfit' in Brussels in Belgium. Historically they always did the best prices. I would also suggest checking with Research Abarth or another Abarth dealership in the UK who should be able to do a LHD Abarth.

Given that the A500 is build in Tychy in Poland (it was thought that they were 'finished off' in Turin - but that is not the case) I can't see why one could not be got direct from there - but I would struggle with the language barrier.

On the last question about the ‘race inspired’ Competizione automated manual gearbox - I understand that the shift is better in Sport mode but I haven't driven in. From seeing the youtube clip of the a A500c esseesse with a manual gearbox Hammond was very pleased with the overall package. Still you are spending most of your time going through town I could see why you would opt for a 'dualogic'.

There are a load of reviews out there on the A500c with the original gearbox but hopefully someone who owns or has driven the 'automatic' will comment.

Here is a left field suggestion

Hop onto the Fiat Group website and find the contact button and explain that you wish to buy and import an A500C and ask for assistance

A mate did so in trying to source an Alfa ....heard nothing for 4/5 weeks and then received a call from the ever so helpful importer. Apparently all such emails are logged and must be resolved as part of the Fiat systems

Worth a try

I know someone with a LHD 500 Abarth ordered in the UK by Rockingham cars as he's only driven LHD cars for past 10 years or so, mainly Lancia's, & had no desire to buy a RHD model. It was registered new in the UK without issue.

AFAIK he didn't pay any different from a RHD model.

Therefore I would believe you could order from any country irrespective of that countries orientation to driving.

Thanks for the inputs guys. Big thanks to "lovehandbags", who always give me helpful information.

The reason I want to "personally" import an abarth 500c from Europe is: The Boss of independents trash the car before handing to me. He hit the car, finish with a big hole on the side fender. He wants to sell me at agreed price after fix. He has three other A500, but refuse gimme any discount. The most ridiculous part is he doesn't feel any guilty for doing that !!!

Basically I want an Pista Grey/Campovolo Grey Abarth 500C with Esseesse kit fitted. I don't mind whether it's a UK Abarth Dealer or German Abarth Dealer. As long as they have the car / options I want. I have talked to my local importer. They ask me find the car I want, so they can proceed. I guess the internet is my only resource.

Back