Technical Quick question

Currently reading:
Technical Quick question

jimbro1000

Established member
Can someone tell me if they can get a finger between the A-pillar and the trim right next to the bottom of the windscreen?

Just got my car back from repairer and it just doesn't seem quite right. Problem is it is a detail I've not paid so much attention to in the past and I have nothing to compare it with. It might be nothing but I want to be sure.

Photo uploaded and linked...

Happy to have the car back and the actual repair time was a week in the end, just not happy it took them nearly 2 months to organise it!

I now have to take the car back to them for inspection - I would push them to come to me but in the interests of getting this done swiftly I'm going to do the running around

Last edited:
OK - largely resolved now

The trim is positively 100% in place correctly - so if anyone else can't get a finger in that gap in the photo it is down to the mounting clips on my car...

Slight scratch on the inside of the windscreen (in the black area), looks like it has always been there but I didn't notice until I looked real close!

The one problem I did catch them on is they missed out a piece of weather trim on the passenger door that was supposed to be replaced. Will have to go back to them for that but they have acknowledged it and are sorting it!

Just been to check, can't really get my finger in the gap, but the trim seems to be very flexible and can be pushed about half an inch towards the A pillar if that helps. Had my windscreen replaced when the car was quite new, things never fit properly afterwards do they!

The trim is flexible enough on mine - it just didn't seem to sit right. The engineer demonstrated the mounting clips being in the right place though so it is pretty hard to argue...

The rest of the repairs are undetectable - it really is as good as new. All it needs now is for me to sort out the parking rashes on the rear bumper where two different idiots misjudged the size of their cars.

Got to wait for one part to be delivered before they finish it off - otherwise all done.

The repairs are pretty much undetectable, the roof is perfect, just one tiny slight crease in the new headlining but this is so minor I am not going to chase it - it just isnt worth it.

I was going to chase them on a nasty rattle that had developed in the last two days - but it turned out to be one side of the rear seat wasn't locked back properly...

Glad everything has turned out to your satisfaction and your critical eyes approve of the repairs. A lot of bodyshops get very poor reviews of their repairs but there are also some excellent ones around.

Now the trauma has faded a little you can get back to enjoying driving again. (y)

Back