General Brooklands

Currently reading:
General Brooklands

grajo

Red Hot Chilli Pepper
Just back home from a great day at Brooklands(y) Weather was good enough to make my face and my mates now look same colour as car!

Too many highlights, but here's a few:-

Convoy of 15 or so original Fiat 500's out on the Mercedes track being led out by a Lambo Murcielago (which probably had more power than all the 500's put together:))

The dude in said convoy who had a red 500 with a trailer, which was the back half of a 500. lol

My God, how steep is the banking!

My mate smacking his head on the overhead lockers in the Concorde.

The guy in the yellow Lambo Gallardo who ragged it so hard up the test hill that his rear number plate fell off:eek:

50 Ferraris or so arriving in convoy

And everything else(y)(y)

:ROFLMAO: i agree with all of that especially the lambo on test hill

he couldn't change out of first to save his life though on the test track when they were blasting up the straight

Did you arrange with Daron about getting a TMC box, I think the new one in Red would look the part. (y)

Phew!!! Thought I might be in trouble!!!!!! I was actually down on Arbathisti, and yes , got the box fitted by Daron. I'll get some pix tomorrow, its the red box I've got(y)

BTW how can I create a personal photo gallery to put pix in to attach to posts. My gallery is now full!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
got the box fitted by Daron. I'll get some pix tomorrow, its the red box I've got(y)

When you get a chance, no pressure ;) (I least I'm not lookin' for any ££££) I'd like to hear as to how the TMC is working with an esseesse.
I can understand a TMC on a standard A500 but an esseesse ? I did a little read on the other forum last week & I read about the 'dial thing - leave it at 7. I assume it will need Super unleaded because the best I can get now in Dublin is 95. There was the biofuel but since last January the E85 has now been replaced with E5 which makes no difference on the octane. Did you hear they were charging €10 a litre over the w/e in Germany for super unleaded ? Something to do with a ban on oil tankers over the bank hoilday w/e, the release of E10 and the 'rush' for petrol.
http://www.thelocal.de/national/20110426-34621.html

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&t=995920&d=0&nmt=

Last edited:
Phew!!! Thought I might be in trouble!!!!!! I was actually down on Arbathisti, and yes , got the box fitted by Daron. I'll get some pix tomorrow, its the red box I've got(y)

BTW how can I create a personal photo gallery to put pix in to attach to posts. My gallery is now full!!!!!

show pics are best put into the shows gallery album though

I'd like to hear as to how the TMC is working with an esseesse.
I can understand a TMC on a standard A500 but an esseesse ? I did a little read on the other forum last week & I read about the 'dial thing - leave it at 7. I assume it will need Super unleaded because the best I can get now in Dublin is 95. There was the biofuel but since last January the E85 has now been replaced with E5 which makes no difference on the octane. Did you hear they were charging €10 a litre over the w/e in Germany for super unleaded ? Something to do with a ban on oil tankers over the bank hoilday w/e, the release of E10 and the 'rush' for petrol.

I will get back on the box/non box tomorrow, 'cos I'm going playing. Daron fitted it and said leave it at 7. yes, it needs high octane Shell V or Tesco 99, but thats no prob.

A quick comment re the ban on tankers tho. I worked in Italy for 3 months a year every year from 2001 to 2009. HGV's are banned from the roads on Sunday and restricted on Saturday, and i found gas prices fluctuated big time if the station did not get fuellled on Friday(n)

we had cake :slayer:

DSCF5337.JPG

I will get back on the box/non box tomorrow, 'cos I'm going playing. Daron fitted it and said leave it at 7. yes, it needs high octane Shell V or Tesco 99, but thats no prob.

A quick comment re the ban on tankers tho. I worked in Italy for 3 months a year every year from 2001 to 2009. HGV's are banned from the roads on Sunday and restricted on Saturday, and i found gas prices fluctuated big time if the station did not get fuellled on Friday(n)

No on the SS leave it on 6, 7 is ok for non SS cars. It's prob too high for SS cars, they come pre-set on 6 thats where yours is set and I did say to you just to leave it at that. Hope your enjoying it :)

Dave was the cake all eaten when I got there? You offered me tea and coffee but if I'd seen that cake ummmm!

Last edited:
Back