General A500 arrived today!!!

Currently reading:
General A500 arrived today!!!

grajo

Red Hot Chilli Pepper
Yippee, took delivery of my A500 this morning from Thames:) Red with black mirrors and stripes, SS with titaniumw wheels, Sabelts, Monza and Konis's:) SOOO happy whoop whoop:D:D

Attachments

• Abarth 001.jpg
    Abarth 001.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 93
  • Abarth 002.jpg
    Abarth 002.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 64
  • Abarth 003.jpg
    Abarth 003.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 67
  • Abarth 004.jpg
    Abarth 004.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 127
  • Abarth 005.jpg
    Abarth 005.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 63
Grajo, really pleased for you, full marks for your patience it was well worth waiting for. My wife loves a bright red car but we chose BNW because the Pasadoble can appear a completely darker red under certain light conditions but it always looks great when washed and polished. (y)

At least she has red mirrors.

Yippee, took delivery of my A500 this morning from Thames:) Red with black mirrors and stripes, SS with titaniumw wheels, Sabelts, Monza and Konis's:) SOOO happy whoop whoop:D:D

Looks amazing Grajo. Many congratulations. Brillant spec. Better than the 695.
I like the 'touch' of the red 'folder' to match the paintwork - was that supplied with the car in place of the black one ! ?

Looks great & its the colour scheme i'm looking at buying but with 5 spoke alloys(y)

Ian

Hi grajo. just noticed your response on the other thread about dealers. And I still look at the pics of the car :) - the black is best on the red. Can you give me a bit of info on your Sabelt seats. Would I right in saying you have the standard cloth & the back seats would not be split (unless you have paid extra for the split) and the Sabelts have no airbags. Would you mind updating on the price of these seats and do the insurance guys have to be 'told'. If leather costs £800 the Sabelts at £1,500 ? they might be the best long term bet ? if you plan driving the car. I take it that they would be deeper than standard and that rear space would be bit compromised. It's great that Konis are now standard on the essesse upgrade.

Hi grajo. just noticed your response on the other thread about dealers. And I still look at the pics of the car :) - the black is best on the red. Can you give me a bit of info on your Sabelt seats. Would I right in saying you have the standard cloth & the back seats would not be split (unless you have paid extra for the split) and the Sabelts have no airbags. Would you mind updating on the price of these seats and do the insurance guys have to be 'told'. If leather costs £800 the Sabelts at £1,500 ? they might be the best long term bet ? if you plan driving the car. I take it that they would be deeper than standard and that rear space would be bit compromised. It's great that Konis are now standard on the essesse upgrade.

Hi multispoke. yeah, you are right, I have the standard cloth interior so no split rear seats:D You do lose the seat airbags with the Sabelts, apparently you are meant to sign a bit of paper saying that you understand this, but I wasnt asked(y) I got mine for £1250, this was part of the "negotiated" price to include SS, Koni's, Monza and Sabelts all to be fitted from new:) I suspect that you do lose a bit of rear space, I can go and measure it for you tomorrow(y)(y) I think also you sit a bit lower, but dont have the standard to compare, but the original sub woofer under the seat is replaced with a slimmer one. THey are however definately grippy and firm, but if you are a chap of the ,cough "larger buid" they might be tight:):)

Hope this helps!!!

Hi multispoke. yeah, you are right, I have the standard cloth interior so no split rear seats:D You do lose the seat airbags with the Sabelts, apparently you are meant to sign a bit of paper saying that you understand this, but I wasnt asked(y) I got mine for £1250, this was part of the "negotiated" price to include SS, Koni's, Monza and Sabelts all to be fitted from new:) I suspect that you do lose a bit of rear space, I can go and measure it for you tomorrow(y)(y) I think also you sit a bit lower, but dont have the standard to compare, but the original sub woofer under the seat is replaced with a slimmer one. THey are however definately grippy and firm, but if you are a chap of the ,cough "larger buid" they might be tight:):)

Hope this helps!!!

Thanks grajo. It was nice of them to give you a slimmer woofer. It might make up for those of a "larger buid" :). Another reason for ordering the interscope and sabelts at the same time.
I had noticed a few other 500s where they had red leather cards in the doors and it clashed a bit with the Sabelts - it also explained why there was a pair of front red leather seats on ebay for £300 ! You saved by doing the smart thing. At least you can now say that your esseesse was done at the 'factory'. Did you still get the crate or was that a concession from the negotiation ?

grajo, how do you find the comfort level with the Konis? As they were installed from new I know you can't make a direct comparison but wondered if you could remember what the demo car felt like to enable you to equate one to the other.

Really hoping that sometime this summer I can arrange for a get together for forum members as many have expressed their interest and there are lots of new forum members I would like to meet in the flesh.

Obviously (Robin) I don't actually mean sans clothing so no FRA required, lol. :rolleyes:

I've got Koni's and NP springs on mine and it is way better than original shocks, I am looking to get some SS springs on mine now as I've had a ride in a properly kitted car and its that much better again. Dealers now sell the Konis as a handling kit which includes both the shocks and the springs and oddly are 'reasonably' priced, they just aren't marketing for some reason?

The SS springs seem to be the best idea (just a little lowering over NP) as the Konis need to travel to work properly. It would be good if you can do a photo of the car with Std springs and one with the SS springs when you have had them fitted so we can see the difference in ride height. (y)

grajo, how do you find the comfort level with the Konis? As they were installed from new I know you can't make a direct comparison but wondered if you could remember what the demo car felt like to enable you to equate one to the other.

:rolleyes:

Hey grimwau, I dont know for sure but I think the demo car had Konis fitted already, it was the Grey celebrity track car from Thames Slough (as driven by Heston Blumenthal lol:eek:) Konis were only mentioned to me after the test drive.

What I can tell you is that the ride is definately firm (the sabelts are probably part of that) but by no means uncomfortable, and up here in Farnham some of the country roads are SHOCKING(n) Sure you've read at least as much as me, and probably more, 'bout the Konis andthey definately get good press.

Would be v.interested in a drive out in the summer (that'll be a Thursday I believe this year:)) if you get anything together!! You can PM me.

Right, off to the pub

Back