General A500 arrived today!!!

Currently reading:
General A500 arrived today!!!

Did you still get the crate or was that a concession from the negotiation ?

Hi multispoke, yeah I got the lot, crate with wheels tyres brakes dampers etc plus the original exhaust and the standard front seats:) Anybody want any of it?

I was afraid you might ask that question :eek:

The 1.4 sport I used to have might have looked the part with the
Abarth exhaust - I understand it does fit and sounds good
16 inch standard wheels - still very much sought after - nice ones for those who are into having a set with winter tyres on them and all that
Standard suspension with springs & shocks ? Ideal for a twin air with DraigFlag87 driving it !
ECU - I understand that you don't get an extra one any more - if you do have the 'original' it is worth something where it could be virginised and remapped as an esseesse for someone with the standard Abarth
Empty crate - great for the end of the bed or for putting a Quaife onto as a coffee table
Std Abarth seats - good upgrade for a wannabe Abarth in a 1.2 pop

But with the manbag 1.4 Funk Lounge with chequered seats and 16 multi spokes that I have now - what can I say...the car will have a gender crisis :eek:.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey!! will do when I can be arsed and sobered up from driving the car:) Planning to just drive tomorrow, but not inyour direction(n)

Hi everybody, just for the sake of clarity I DID NOT mean anything at all about driving not sober. I just meant I was kind of giddy with fun at driving it. Please do not misunderstand:) And grimwau I really appreciate your advise about selling the other bits, and I did not mean at all to be flippant with my reply. I know what I meant in my reply but on reflection perhaps not spectacularly well worded. I hope this clarifies:eek:

Hi everybody, just for the sake of clarity I DID NOT mean anything at all about driving not sober. I just meant I was kind of giddy with fun at driving it. Please do not misunderstand:) And grimwau I really appreciate your advise about selling the other bits, and I did not mean at all to be flippant with my reply. I know what I meant in my reply but on reflection perhaps not spectacularly well worded. I hope this clarifies:eek:

I very much doubt anyone took what you were saying to mean that you were drink driving :)

Don't worry, I'm sure no-one took it the wrong way and I understand only too well how inebriating driving, even a standard A500 can be. (y)

ps. As long as you manage to drive "My Way" when we arrange a date for the Summer get together. ;)

I know it might appear that she has a short retention span in respect of cars but, to be fair, that was only the TwinAir, she loves the A500. She liked the 500MJT and it was my decision to sell it after the shortcomings of using it around town manifested themselves, else we would have it still.

Still, she is a woman and I hope I don't have to eat my words in the near future. ;)

Couple of pics from today:)

Attachments

• Abarth 008.jpg
    Abarth 008.jpg
    854.7 KB · Views: 35
  • Abarth 009.jpg
    Abarth 009.jpg
    883.7 KB · Views: 33
grajo, you've got some really good photos there. Why don't you upload them to the forum gallery and then you can post them in the members motors section so that your car will show up at the top of the page? It's getting lonely up there with just Juliana for company, (no offence J, lol).

Last edited:
Back