General Facelift Abarth 500

Currently reading:
General Facelift Abarth 500

Sean_Bucks

I've been trying to find out what is planned for the Abarth 500 update. Any news on that front? Multiair 1.4 with 140hp and option of new twin clutch gearbox and some new colours and wheel designs?

This year's updates are additional colours (Metallic grey and the bi-colours), 5 spoke wheel from the 500c to the tin top and the tan leather option. The manual box is coming to the 500c and the auto to the tin top. MA engine not due until 2012 atm.

This year's updates are additional colours (Metallic grey and the bi-colours), 5 spoke wheel from the 500c to the tin top and the tan leather option. The manual box is coming to the 500c and the auto to the tin top. MA engine not due until 2012 atm.

Hi olopboy. What do you reckon will be the emissions per km of the MA in the A500 in 2012 - will it come under 140 grs/km (it will bring it into an Irish Band B) ? This might help to balance any increase in price with the new engine if it is in a lower emission band.

Hi olopboy. What do you reckon will be the emissions per km of the MA in the A500 in 2012 - will it come under 140 grs/km (it will bring it into an Irish Band B) ? This might help to balance any increase in price with the new engine if it is in a lower emission band.

I would guess yes. The same engine in the new Abarth Punto EVO emits 142 g/km, and the 500 is a lighter car (y)

No idea, it all depends how they tune it, as Draigflag said the Abarth Evo puts out 142 with 165 bhp and the Fiat Evo puts out 129 with 135bhp so more likely than not I would postulate.

As above, I guess that we can only hazard a guess for now but hopefully the news will gradually start to filter onto the net. (y)

I would imagine that there will be healthy back order of A500 MA when a date is know. Looks like it will be below 135 grs/km from the feedback so that should benefit yourselves in the UK. Did I see some 'talk' about multi-air 2 or was it multi-jet ?

I can't say with 100% certainty but MultiJet 2 was the designation for the 95BHP 500 1.3MJT. I don't think that the MA has had any revisions as yet.

Thank goodness for that. It's bad enough not knowing the release date of the MA without another version coming out. It was the multijet. Thanks for clarifying that Grimwau. The 2 version does without the cambelt - sounds good given the reasons for buying a diesel with economy in mind.

Timing chains are not necessarily better - my Ford V6s with timing chains have been a nightmare, not because the timing has jumped but because the chain tensioners have failed resulting in a sump full of metal shavings from a timing chain acting more like a chain saw

Back