General Definitive service costs

Currently reading:
General Definitive service costs

PulseTurbo

Can anyone tell me the costs for servicing an Abarth 500? Does this differ with an EsseEsse?

The prices seem ridiculously high for no reason!

Are there any Indies in Wiltshire I could take it to?

Can you just take it to Fiat?

What are the costs at each year/mileage point?

Can anyone tell me the costs for servicing an Abarth 500? Does this differ with an EsseEsse?

The prices seem ridiculously high for no reason!

Are there any Indies in Wiltshire I could take it to?

Can you just take it to Fiat?

What are the costs at each year/mileage point?

SS if its like the AGP SS needs an oil change every 6,000 miles, but double check this. (this would prob be £100-£150)

You cannot take an Abarth to a normal fiat dealership for work as they cannot order Abarth specific parts. (maybe able to get the standard parts for some of it but im pretty sure its Abarth dealer network only)

Phone an Abarth Garage up for service costs, my costs for 2nd year service on my Grande were £420 so I would assume around that for the 500 as well as its technically the same engine.

If you have to worry about costs and if you will be able to afford it I suggest you save your money and dont buy one of them, they cost a heck of a lot more than a 1.2 or such to run for various reasons.

SS if its like the AGP SS needs an oil change every 6,000 miles, but double check this. (this would prob be £100-£150)

You cannot take an Abarth to a normal fiat dealership for work as they cannot order Abarth specific parts. (maybe able to get the standard parts for some of it but im pretty sure its Abarth dealer network only)

Phone an Abarth Garage up for service costs, my costs for 2nd year service on my Grande were £420 so I would assume around that for the 500 as well as its technically the same engine.

If you have to worry about costs and if you will be able to afford it I suggest you save your money and dont buy one of them, they cost a heck of a lot more than a 1.2 or such to run for various reasons.

It's not whether I can afford it; it's whether I want to. It is essentially just a tarted up Fiat after all. It's no sports car.

So let's say from new, what would the services be? For the EsseEsse you're saying it is every 6,000 miles. Why does this differ from the standard Abarth?

If I just got a normal Abarth, what should I expect? I would be doing around 10,000 miles a year, so I assume I only need to service it every 18,000 miles (which will be around 1.5-2 years), and only do this every 2 years basically... Is that right?

Service schedule for both NP and SS A500s is 1 yr or 18k at one year without going over 18k its oil and filters changes ~£100 dependant on garage. At 18k or 2 years its the full works inc sparks ~£350 to £400 dependant on garage. Car can obviously be taken to any VAT registered garage as long as the schedule is maintained and genuine or equivilent quality parts are used and retain full warranty as per EU rules. Only warranty work can really be authorised by an Abarth dealership.

I don't think the parts or labour costs are really any higher than those of a normal 500 other than the sparks, supposedly T-jet engines use a specific type.

Obviously second hand buyers will prefer a full Abarth SH but you'd likely get away with Fiat dealer stamps as well.

Service schedule for both NP and SS A500s is 1 yr or 18k at one year without going over 18k its oil and filters changes ~£100 dependant on garage. At 18k or 2 years its the full works inc sparks ~£350 to £400 dependant on garage. Car can obviously be taken to any VAT registered garage as long as the schedule is maintained and genuine or equivilent quality parts are used and retain full warranty as per EU rules. Only warranty work can really be authorised by an Abarth dealership.

I don't think the parts or labour costs are really any higher than those of a normal 500 other than the sparks, supposedly T-jet engines use a specific type.

Obviously second hand buyers will prefer a full Abarth SH but you'd likely get away with Fiat dealer stamps as well.

Thanks Olop. So regardless of mileage (as long as it's under 18k), you get it serviced at 1 year old for under £100. That's absolutely no problem!

What is included in the 2nd year service? It still sounds excessive, considering the Inspection 2 on my BMW was only £350! Does this include brake fluid etc? (This was extra on my BMW @ £65)

As long as the schedule is along the lines of £100; £300; £100; £300; etc, then servicing is not a problem.

Depends on how close you are to 18k at the year anniversery I belive. The 18k service replaces the spark plugs, I'm pretty sure this is common to all T-jet engined cars though. It should include brake fluid I think, having my 18k/2 year done in March so will let you know then

Been getting prices this week for a 2year/18k service on my Abarth at the three nearest dealers to me, prices vary by quite a margin - £489, £408, £380.

I've just paid £360 for 2yr 18k service spark plugs, pollen filter but not air filter (as I have BMC filter). I think its excessive.

I've just paid £360 for 2yr 18k service spark plugs, pollen filter but not air filter (as I have BMC filter). I think its excessive.

Rather. I had the same service apart from the brake fluid on my 1.2 500 for about £130 for all of that AND the air filter. Sure the plugs might be a little more expensive but there is no reason you should be paying anything over £200 at the very most IMHO

Just following up on my service experience at the Abarth dealer in Slough, what is the view on how quickly the oil will darken and lose its light amber colour? Reason for asking is because I checked the oil the day after the service and after about 35 miles driving (unfortunately not when I collected the car after the service) and it is already dark in colour which I wasn't really expecting (I've noticed this on diesel engines not petrol). I can't inspect the oil filter easily to check its brand new but I'm considering sending the oil for independent oil analysis. This way I can also check if it is really fully synthetic oil which is what I was charged for (charged for 4 litres when the sump is 2.9 litres so I had to ask for 1 litre back that I paid for ...). Am I being paranoid?

I have my Abarth going in for a 9000 mile service so going to give the dealer a ring on Tuesday to see what the damage is

RnR

Just following up on my service experience at the Abarth dealer in Slough, what is the view on how quickly the oil will darken and lose its light amber colour? Reason for asking is because I checked the oil the day after the service and after about 35 miles driving (unfortunately not when I collected the car after the service) and it is already dark in colour which I wasn't really expecting (I've noticed this on diesel engines not petrol). I can't inspect the oil filter easily to check its brand new but I'm considering sending the oil for independent oil analysis. This way I can also check if it is really fully synthetic oil which is what I was charged for (charged for 4 litres when the sump is 2.9 litres so I had to ask for 1 litre back that I paid for ...). Am I being paranoid?

The oil should not appear dark after 35 miles, maybe a tinge of brown but still fairly transparent. Did it look this way?

I've just checked mine, which is due for is 1st Oil Change, next week, after 12 months from new with 7500 on the clock and the oil is dark golden brown colour.

The service was done and at the fixed price of 190 pounds. The can was nicely cleaned and is feeling as new. The service did take a bit longer than the 2 hours but I did not mind as I got to test drive a giulietta alfa.

Back