Technical 500 abarth front bumper removal

Currently reading:
Technical 500 abarth front bumper removal

abarthesseesse

Has anyone removed the front bumper on their 500 as im new to fiats and obviously dont want to break anything.
Cheers. :confused:

Yeah but i cant get my fat hands in there lol. Plus i am fitting a hid kit and want to keep the bay tidy.
Cheers

Pay a dealer/small child to do it. Easier if the wheels are removed too. Removing the whole bumper is a little drastic, and it's very hard to align perfectly again.
I'd agree with Draigflag. Don't do it yourself, it'll only end in tears and scratches.

Very easy to remove, the way it's constructed looks like they took a 15 year old Jap car and copied it as Jap cars are made to be easy to maintain.

4 torx on slam panal, 2 bolts inside wheel arch & iirc 5 along the underside.

BUT when you remove the bumper you need to remove the intercooler hoses and rad hose as the whole lot comes off on one. Drain tap on bottom of rad, quick release clip on bottom rad hose & intercooler pipes. & I think you need to unplug the boost control valve.

Muliplugs on DRLs & fog lights.

It should take no more than 1 hour to remove it, same for refitting aligning it should prove problem free unless you are a dealer.

Our 1997 FTO GPvR has standard fit on GPvR only OEM HID headlamps made by Stanley (they do most Jap headlamps like Hella do Europe) with no self levelling or washing. I think it pre-dates any European car fitted with them and has passed an SVA test and all subsequent MOT's. We never get flashed by anyone while driving it.

But I know where you are coming from ;-)

Very easy to remove, the way it's constructed looks like they took a 15 year old Jap car and copied it as Jap cars are made to be easy to maintain.

4 torx on slam panal, 2 bolts inside wheel arch & iirc 5 along the underside.

BUT when you remove the bumper you need to remove the intercooler hoses and rad hose as the whole lot comes off on one. Drain tap on bottom of rad, quick release clip on bottom rad hose & intercooler pipes. & I think you need to unplug the boost control valve.

Muliplugs on DRLs & fog lights.

It should take no more than 1 hour to remove it, same for refitting aligning it should prove problem free unless you are a dealer.

Spot on!

Does anyone know to remove just the front splash panel? The piece on the front bumper that goes underneath the front of the car? Does it come off separately or does it come off with the whole of the front fascia?

Thanks so much.

Back