General I really shouldn't buuuut...

Currently reading:
General I really shouldn't buuuut...

I've booked a test drive for an Abarth in a couple of weekends whilst I'm down in Glasgow. I know I shouldn't because I know I'll just want one and really isn't the sensible thing to do, but thought it wouldn't hurt to go for a spin and perhaps enquire about finance. Wouldn't be looking to get one for another 6months or so though as insurance will be down a lot by then so really is just an enquiry. I do, however, feel extreme guilt that I'm cheating on poor Luigi :(...

I've booked a test drive for an Abarth in a couple of weekends whilst I'm down in Glasgow. I know I shouldn't because I know I'll just want one and really isn't the sensible thing to do, but thought it wouldn't hurt to go for a spin and perhaps enquire about finance. Wouldn't be looking to get one for another 6months or so though as insurance will be down a lot by then so really is just an enquiry. I do, however, feel extreme guilt that I'm cheating on poor Luigi :(...

I was in roughly the same situation.

I organised a test drive but wasn't really ready to order.

However after the test drive I was hooked and the fact they had a few in stock to choose from was the clincher and I had my lovely Abarth within a week.

You will be well looked after by Jaclyn at AC Glasgow, they're a good bunch.

I never quite understand why people buy a boggo 500 and then think about the Abarth.

Me and the wife could have easily afforded the Abarth or a lot of other larger and faster cars but we decided on the 500 because it's reliable, cheap to run, looked good and just felt a decent car. If you want a quickish car or a sporty looking one then a 1.2 500 is never going to be for you.

Best of luck and all of course though! :)

I never quite understand why people buy a boggo 500 and then think about the Abarth.

Me and the wife could have easily afforded the Abarth or a lot of other larger and faster cars but we decided on the 500 because it's reliable, cheap to run, looked good and just felt a decent car. If you want a quickish car or a sporty looking one then a 1.2 500 is never going to be for you.

Best of luck and all of course though! :)

Yea, but you can buy a 1.2 SPORT, which could be a tad misleading.

I did think about getting the Abarth but it made more sense at the time getting the 1.2 - and I thought I'd buy an Abarth when my finance on this one is up. Impatience though, and the fact my insurance costs are coming down nicely has made me have a little think. I just hope there isn't one I want when I go to the dealer...that would be a distaster..

Back