General ECO Abarth!

Currently reading:
General ECO Abarth!

So it was a 20 mile trip, i was in a relaxed mood and wanted to see what i could really get out of the Abarth, economy wise though, not speed! So i popped her in 5th on a long downward hill, reset trip B and and avoided all pedals!

For the first 5 miles it went right up t 99.9 MPG (NOT instant consumption, but AVERAGE!) so it's fair to say that at that point, the car was using no fuel at all as it was in overide mode (or whatever the correct term is) by the time 11 miles had passed, i had to dab the accelerator due to the road changing shape, dropped to mid 70's to low 60's, and then 20 miles later, despite going up 1 very large hill, and another short but steep one to get home, i checked the average fuel consumption and was pleasantly surprised! Would be in low 60's if it weren't for those 2 big hills! What do you think peeps? :)

109_9543.jpg

p.s. the fuel consumption in 57.9 MPG for those who can't view the picture! Also, do we really need Multiair technology? :p

Meh, you do love talking about your car don't you? :ROFLMAO:

I had an indicated 55.6 across 387 miles. If you can manage anywhere near that then post a thread :) Heck I've even had a genuine 40mpg out of the wifes Subaru over a 70 mile drive through Snowdonia (over the Llanberis pass so some rather long uphillstretches) and that with a car that weighs 300kgs+ more than yours, has 4wd so more drag on the drivetrain and has an engine which is not as new in terms of design.

Resetting the trip whilst you're already at the top of the hill and up to speed only makes your figures look more economical than they are.

I give this thread a hearty 'meh' :)

That's fine, i drive as fast as i like, i get abused, i drive as slow as is possible, i get more abuse! It's a no win situation!

I'm trying to change my image, i get told i drive "like my hairs on fire" all the time on the Abarth forum, i was hoping this would change that...

Oh and ok, i'll try and keep it up for as long as possible :eek:

That's fine, i drive as fast as i like, i get abused, i drive as slow as is possible, i get more abuse! It's a no win situation!

I'm trying to change my image, i get told i drive "like my hairs on fire" all the time on the Abarth forum, i was hoping this would change that...

Oh and ok, i'll try and keep it up for as long as possible :eek:

dude it's not abuse. It's just that starting the trip computer at the top of a big hill and over a distance of 20 miles is a bit like in toy story when Buzz flies.

Although having said that. I'm sure I wouldn't have got it as high as that.

dude it's not abuse. It's just that starting the trip computer at the top of a big hill and over a distance of 20 miles is a bit like in toy story when Buzz flies.

Although having said that. I'm sure I wouldn't have got it as high as that.
Yea but what choice do i have? There are hills everywhere here, plus i had to go up 2 big ones anyway so that cancels it out. Oh, the hill wasn't 20 miles long either :p

I feel happy i'm making an effort anyway!

I think you're a genuine person and very enthusiastic about your car, and I like you for that! (y)
To me, there is one thing though that transpires through your posts: you seem to be quite insecure and always willing to impress. I read your posts about being looked at, admired in your car, looking cool to others in your Abarth etc...... Now this whinge about not being appreciated. You're trying too hard mate! ;)
Here it isn't a competition (well....to some it is apparently :D) just be yourself, care a lot less about what others think or say and you'll enjoy your car and life way more! ;)

For instance, if all the blokes here were to worry about being taunted or looked at for driving a "girl's car" then we'd have sold it by now!

I think you're a genuine person and very enthusiastic about your car, and I like you for that! (y)
To me, there is one thing though that transpires through your posts: you seem to be quite insecure and always willing to impress. I read your posts about being looked at, admired in your car, looking cool to others in your Abarth etc...... Now this whinge about not being appreciated. You're trying too hard mate! ;)
Here it isn't a competition (well....to some it is apparently :D) just be yourself, care a lot less about what others think or say and you'll enjoy your car and life way more! ;)

For instance, if all the blokes here were to worry about being taunted or looked at for driving a "girl's car" then we'd have sold it by now!
You're probably partially right, but I'm not trying to impress anyone, there are better ways to do that than to see how long you can make a gallon of fuel last! I just feel the need to experiment with my car every now and then, and sometimes the roads around here allow plenty of that. When empty, you can drive as fast or as slow as you want, and it's nice to see what the car can achieve in both extremes.

Personally i don't care what people think of me or my car, if i did, i wouldn't leave the house at all! I could just keep all my findings to myself i guess...

Yea but what choice do i have? There are hills everywhere here, plus i had to go up 2 big ones anyway so that cancels it out. Oh, the hill wasn't 20 miles long either :p

I feel happy i'm making an effort anyway!

Whatever, it's a lot of fun and style for not much fuel!

Wow. I can get mine as far as 43mpg if I drive like I'm comatose. 32mpg is more the average. Now go otu and thrash to even the average out again. :)

Back