General abarth pressure gauge

Currently reading:
General abarth pressure gauge

The boost gauge can I believe just be removed, it is on the Trofeo cars.

The gear change position, still not convinced on road cars, it works really well on the last shape Civics, especially the Type R, but Honda make ubber slick gear changes, plus it's sits well proud of the dash toward the driver more than I thin kit is in the 500.

I think its position leans toward shorter people, i.e on average women are shorter than men so its easier to reach when you have your seat further forward, I find with the seat further back to accommodate me, its a bit of a stretch. And no I'm not saying it's a women's car before anyone goes off on one, but demographically speaking I think as it a city type car more women will purchase it. Or is it because Italian cars expect the short legs long arms ergonomics thing that they used to always have:confused:

On the Trofeo it has been moved to the floor.

The rev counter in speedo has come in for lots of criticism on the Trofeo as its very difficult to see when you are driving quickly on track. On Trofeo's it may be changed to a Stack type system for much better clarity. Plus you sit much lower in the Trofeo's so you can only see upto about 2000rpm and nothing else.

A picture Emma took of the Trofeo at Snetterton 2 weeks ago in our pit garage can be seen here with next test date next week at Silverstone being announced.

http://www.trofeoabarth500gb.com/

Sorry if it's a bit off topic, hope you resolve your issues with the car and enjoy it, it is terrific fun.

WOW! Thanks everybody.:worship:

I like the idea of just covering the boost thing up - I hadn't thought of that. I think my son might have an old bobble hat about the right size!

It doesn't flash in boost mode and flashes like mad with boost off. I found a setting in the menu - you cant disable it but you can make it only flash in boost mode which is as good as.

My issue with it is that I DO need a sat nav and I DONT need a pressure gauge - so the option to remove it would be welcome.

I really want to find a way of installing the Road Angel 900 without sticking it to the window and having wires everywhere I guess. Its not a bad GPS but it an excellent camera detector (updates in real time over the orange network). The trouble is there is not really anywhere to put it and I saw pictures of the gauge being lower down and a sat nav being where the guage is.

If it fits onto a LHD car lower down then there must be some sort of part number for the LHD car's bracket - can anyone help with that?

The blue and me problem seems to come and go, disconnecting the battery or just leaving it over night seems to do the trick - its just if it goes wrong when you are driving its a problem (notwithstanding the rubbish sat nav of course).

If I install an after market radio, can I still get any of blue and me to work (the hands free phone part especially but also media player assuming it can be mended).

Failing that, does anyone know of any other blue and me compatible head units? We have a blaupunkt one that works when you plug it in (except for blue and me) and it has a really good sat nav built in (Nav 56e Rome).

I'm waiting to hear from Connects2 to see if their Fiat 500 -> Nav 56e Rome adaptor will breath life into the steering wheel controls (I think it will work) but they are unsure about blue and me.

Is the blue and me part of the actual head unit or is it another system that plugs into the head unit?

Thanks again!

Anthony

THIS is what we need.....

Its a tomtom that plugs into a fiat dashboard. It has a built in pressure gauge and gearshift plus it works the media player, sat nav and phone.

Does anyone know if the gear shift pod and the sat navs use the same port?

I'm guessing the gear shift thing must be connected to the cam bus or have bluetooth build in to get its info - either way I wonder if plugging the Punto's sat nav into a 500 would work?

Any thoughts?

The LHD car has a completely different binacle that mounts the gauge, it couldn't be mounted on a RHD car due to shape of the dash etc. again this was something we were discussing the other week. Think yourself lucky the menu option for the boost gauge isn't on the early cars and if you are seeing it flash continuously in sport mode you may want to examine your driving style as the 500s peak power and redlines aren't that close :).

The boost gauge takes the same position as the 500 sat nav mount point but I would suspect changing the electrics over would be an utter nightmare if at all possible. You may want to get yourself down to a Fiat garage and see if they have a car with the mounting socket to see whats in there, I would also think the charging point is unique to the Fiat satnav and so not much use to the RA.

As to what the B&M pumps out a dig around the pdf for the Abarth unit shows it displays data for revs, gear, fuel level, water temp, air temp and left & right wheel turns. It doesn't (in that software config) display boost info but it may well be able to transmit the data.

Seems like a lot of flaffing about for something you won't pay a blind bit of attention too in another few hundred miles :)

Good that you've found the option to switch the shift up light for sport mode. It's meant to be an economy thing in non sport mode i.e shift up flashes at the optimum time to conserve fuel. In Sport mode it will only flash just before you redline so you should barely notice it.

I'm afraid the nav is just rubbish from all accounts. Perhaps could be a argument for declaring it not fit for purpose and getting a refund.

If the blue and me isn't functioning as it should, get it into the dealers. It's their duty to get it right after all.

THIS is what we need.....

YouTube- Punto Evo Blue&MeTomTom

Its a tomtom that plugs into a fiat dashboard. It has a built in pressure gauge and gearshift plus it works the media player, sat nav and phone.

Does anyone know if the gear shift pod and the sat navs use the same port?

I'm guessing the gear shift thing must be connected to the cam bus or have bluetooth build in to get its info - either way I wonder if plugging the Punto's sat nav into a 500 would work?

Any thoughts?
You would have to be a guineapig if you wanted to try that. My feelings are that it will probably work in the 500 but till someone shows me a video or someone reputable says that it works I have my doubts. Worth a go though.

hi guys......
sorry for posting in the 500 as i have a G.P T-jet but i am in love with the 500 boost/pressure gauge.....Totally in love with!!!!!
do you know if i can get it from the dealership or if i could find it in ebay.....???

Back