General 500 Abarth Convertible

Currently reading:
General 500 Abarth Convertible

Alfie500

For those who are interested, my local Abarth dealer has announced that the new Abarth 500 Convertible will be arriving this summer. I also understand that one dealer has started to accept orders for the new model.
I personally prefer the standard Abarth but I'm sure many will welcome the soft top version. If it's as successful as the BMW Mini convertible, I'm sure Abarth/Fiat will be very pleased.

For those who are interested, my local Abarth dealer has announced that the new Abarth 500 Convertible will be arriving this summer. I also understand that one dealer has started to accept orders for the new model.
I personally prefer the standard Abarth but I'm sure many will welcome the soft top version. If it's as successful as the BMW Mini convertible, I'm sure Abarth/Fiat will be very pleased.
Utterly pointless car.

*waits for someone to comes on in the future with 500c Abarth Essesse and complain that when they run over a grain of sand that the steering starts going all wobbly*

With all these gashtastic versions of the 500 coming out like the Pink and one the 500c Abarth maybe I should chop my 500 in for a Panda whilst the 500 is still even remotely metro.

Utterly pointless car.

*waits for someone to comes on in the future with 500c Abarth Essesse and complain that when they run over a grain of sand that the steering starts going all wobbly*

With all these gashtastic versions of the 500 coming out like the Pink and one the 500c Abarth maybe I should chop my 500 in for a Panda whilst the 500 is still even remotely metro.

I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that they don't release a version in Nail Varnish Pink with White leather seats.

If only Fiat put a more powerful multijet diesel into the Panda 4x4 Cross, I'd be tempted !!

I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that they don't release a version in Nail Varnish Pink with White leather seats.

If only Fiat put a more powerful multijet diesel into the Panda 4x4 Cross, I'd be tempted !!
I'd quite like a 500 4x4. Not bothered if it were 1.2, 1.3 or 1.4 :)

I'd quite like a 500 4x4. Not bothered if it were 1.2, 1.3 or 1.4 :)

I do an above average mileage so I'd probably go for a multijet. I like the mid range torque too. You never know Fiat may release a 4x4 with the 95hp engine eventually !! :)

I do an above average mileage so I'd probably go for a multijet. I like the mid range torque too. You never know Fiat may release a 4x4 with the 95hp engine eventually !! :)
Nah. The Panda is gone in a year or two so I doubt it. They've already said it's not going to get Multiair.

Attachments

• NewFiat500_giardinieraSUV.jpg
    NewFiat500_giardinieraSUV.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 370
There will be a whole new Panda on the 500 floorpan, only with an extended (4") wheelbase. It'll get the new twin cylinder engines. The current Panda will soldier on with a few paint tweaks until the new one comes, either at the end of this year or in 2011.

The new car should get 4WD, since it is supposed to be the base for a small American 4WD to be built by Jeep.

There will be a whole new Panda on the 500 floorpan, only with an extended (4") wheelbase. It'll get the new twin cylinder engines. The current Panda will soldier on with a few paint tweaks until the new one comes, either at the end of this year or in 2011.

The new car should get 4WD, since it is supposed to be the base for a small American 4WD to be built by Jeep.

I thought it was a completely new, larger Panda floorpan, on which the 500 giardinera would be based, as well as the new Panda? :confused:

Huh? What could be cooler than a go anywhere 500? You could argue it's cooler than the car that makes people think they're better than other people.
Just like you state "utterly pointless car" about the Abarth convertible when obviously some Abarthisti would not agree with you, I state that I find that Giardinera 4WD hideous and would ruin the good looks of the 500 family*. ;) :)
Nah, it just doesn't do it for me. At all. (n)

(I deliberately inserted some overreaction to make my point I must admit. :D)

Where can I get one of these new Convertible Abarth powered 500 Giardinera 4x4 based on the new Panda platform?

Back