Tuning Amazing Abarth

Currently reading:
Tuning Amazing Abarth

Fap fap fap fap :) Perhaps a few of us should sell our cars and do a timeshare? I'll have it first and the rest of you can have sloppy seconds :p

One thing that annoys me about it and it's not Fiat's fault.... but the minimum weight of 1080 is a flipping joke. Effing FIA caved in to the WRC manufacturers complaining back in the late 90's about F2 cars like the 306 Maxi and Xsara Kit Car beating them so the FIA hobbled them with an extra 120kg's. Imagine this baby weighing only 960kg's as it would have if the FIA hadn't bowed to the wishes of the big manufacturers in the WRCar class :(

At least it's got ROUND spotties unlike the rectangular ones on most top level rally cars these days :)

One thing that annoys me about it and it's not Fiat's fault.... but the minimum weight of 1080 is a flipping joke. Effing FIA caved in to the WRC manufacturers complaining back in the late 90's about F2 cars like the 306 Maxi and Xsara Kit Car beating them so the FIA hobbled them with an extra 120kg's. Imagine this baby weighing only 960kg's as it would have if the FIA hadn't bowed to the wishes of the big manufacturers in the WRCar class :(

At least it's got ROUND spotties unlike the rectangular ones on most top level rally cars these days :)
[rally anorak]Spotted a bit of a mistake on there. It says it's got multilink rear suspension which it doesn't as it's got to have the same suspension type as the homologation car in the R3 class you have to run the homologated rear suspension type. Even with a World Rally Car you can only change the rear suspension type to a MacPherson strut setup[/rally anorak]

:p

[rally anorak]Spotted a bit of a mistake on there. It says it's got multilink rear suspension which it doesn't as it's got to have the same suspension type as the homologation car in the R3 class you have to run the homologated rear suspension type. Even with a World Rally Car you can only change the rear suspension type to a MacPherson strut setup[/rally anorak]

:p
Not sure if this is suitable for a forum where children could be reading but here goes.....

Fiat500USA-Abarth-500_R3T%2BLights.bmp

I think I just soiled myself....

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
They're different cars though. The Assetto Corse is not AFAIK homologated so if you want to compete in any championships which are regulated by the FIA or MSA then it'll be a case of no dice. The R3T you could road register as well, the Assetto Corse you wouldn't be able to.

Plus the Assetto Corse is a pure racer and the setup just won't be right for driving on the road whereas the rally car will be :)

Last edited:
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
You sod, now you've got me hankering after an Abarth again, despite my dissapointing test drive, I'd love one in Campovola Grey with those graphics on.
The problem with that for me is that you'd need to get it spot on get the graphics in the right places, they need to be the right shape and also the right colour and then you'd at least need OZ Superturismo WRC's in lieu of some Rallye Asfalto's for it to be convincing. All IMHO of course.

It's just that everytime you see the whole 555/SWRT livery done on an Impreza it's usually done badly with the wrong colour/shape graphics for the year of the car so even if they have the right alloys for the year of the car they might not match up to the "shopping list" on the side of the car.

If you can get it spot on though (y)

Back