Technical 500 Abarth, normal or not?

Currently reading:
Technical 500 Abarth, normal or not?

Hi - I would be very interested to know how you get on with Essesse kit.. When are you due to have it fitted? How long is the lead time after ordering? Have you driven a car with it?

Come off the throttle quick and dip the clutch just as quick, i get backfire in every gear change now! The harder you floor it the louder it is! Even just cruising and changing gear at 2000 RPM, you can still hear a tiny pop if you get it just right! Sometimes i get a double pop from each exit and occasionally flooring it and coming off the throttle pretty quick, but not shifting up gets a back fire too. Awesome! Bit childish but i love it!

my girlfriend had it backfire on her and nearly s**t herself... I m still trying, though I m not sure how good it is for the car

the rx7 would do it when you were driving pretty hard and blow a foot long flame out of the tailipe at the same time, mainly did it when gearing down though. get a friend to follow you at night and see if there flaming aswell as backfiring i'll bet they are

I have had my Abarth for 4 days. From night one I noticed the clutch sound! Just as you described. I took it in tonight and decided to do a little research, thus here I am. I have noticed that if I push the clutch in and wait for 1 - 2 seconds then put the car in 1st it will not make the noise. Same with second and third. I don't get it in 4th or 5th. Luckily, mine does it every time so it was easy to get the mechanic to notice it too. He said if they can fix it quickly, I'll have the car back tomorrow. I'll update you all here. Glad I found this post!

Back