General New 850T owner

Currently reading:
General New 850T owner

wjskir

Hi All,

I just bought a 850T a few months ago that needs to be restored. I found this forum in the hope of finding some answers to the (many) questions I have. I have absolutely no idea about the Familiare, 850T's and 900 T's and i'm finding it difficult to find much useful info online.

I have however already fallen in love with them so i've got that going for me... which is nice...(y)

Mine is technically a Steyr-Fiat 850T Kombi according to the papers (I am located in Vienna, Austria). Even less info on these. I have never seen another one in Austria.

If anyone knows any good source of information I would be very grateful. Websites, books or other sources specific to 850/900T and Familiare would be much appreciated.

As I mentioned I am in Vienna and so am not tooo far from Italy. I have ordered a couple of things from italian ebay vendors already but I was wondering if there were any that can be recommended.

Happy to post some pics if anyone is interested.

Thanks!

Hi
Welcome to the pleasure/pain of owning an 850T/900T.

There are a few threads on the forum detailing the exploits of our restorations - mine included (Connie).

We are an active bunch who are happy to share ideas and what we have done - just ask.

In return please share what you have learnt... and please post photo's.

I have quite a lot information on the 850 familiare, partsbooks, advertising material and workshop manuals. Let me know what you need.

Thanks for the kind words!

I will definitely be posting some pics soon. I have almost managed to scrounge together almost all of the body panels that I need to send it off to the body shop. I have also managed to buy the "wrong" door sill already.... The one I bought has holes in it for the jack but it appears mine should have a ridge along it without the holes ("fori crick" as they call it in Italian). Is there some way I can be sure of the type of sill? Im not 100% sure the rotten ones that are on there are original but its the only thing I really have to go on.

I actually found someone selling a Haynes manual for the 850 (including T and Familiare models) here in Vienna so I prompty bought it. Was a steal for 30 euros...

So.

I have attached a couple of pictures. Until now I have not done any real work on the car and these photos reflect the state she was in when I bought her.
Please don't ask me why the thumbnails have been rotated. Im still learning how to post stuff on this forum :)

Not toooooo bad. The floor is in great condition and she steers, brakes and drives. She came with two spare engines, a gearbox, a spare middle door (no idea why- the one that is installed is fine), one sill and a few boxes of assorted crap that I still have to sift through (some of which will hopefully be useful one day).

The old boy I bought her off used to have one when he was younger and he had planned on fixing it up to relive his youth. Unfortunately he injured himself and was unable to continue. I promised him he could take it for a ride when (if) I get it back on the road again. He is 81 and injured himself paragliding of all things....

My first job after ordering the last missing sill is to remove all of the windows and trim which im honestly not really looking forward to. I have seen that fiat500 has posted threads detailing window removal so I have something to go by which is nice.

Attachments

• 850T.jpg
    850T.jpg
    301.8 KB · Views: 97
  • 1612699281602.jpg
    1612699281602.jpg
    7.6 MB · Views: 78
  • 1612698979756.jpg
    1612698979756.jpg
    5.9 MB · Views: 64
  • IMG_20210206_151520.jpg
    IMG_20210206_151520.jpg