Technical 900e earth straps

Currently reading:
Technical 900e earth straps

Powwow

Hi Guys
can anyone tell me where the earth strap should connect to and from as mine has rotted away and I can't for the life of me see where it should connect.

cheers
Andy

Hi Andy
I had a similar question a few months ago when I refitted the engine in Connie. The original earth strap fits from the clutch bell housing/starter motor bolt to a bolt/stud on the body just below the radiator.

However, the advice I got from other members was that it doesn't matter too much where the earth strap connects from/to as long as the connections are clean to start with. Adding a second earth strap seams common practice, although I haven't needed to do this (yet).

Cheers
Gary

cheers Gary, I haven't been on here for ever and a day working away
thanks for your response much appreciated

Using an old thread. Having more time than usual & I do like to potter, I''m in the process of multi earthing my daily driver. I'm well aware that this will not give extra horse power or miraculously transform my car, what it will do is make good use of the electrical system.

Earth cable from starter motor & one from the alternator to battery earth. One to body, one to throttle body area. Now a modern car will not need this, but on older vehicles in can have the effect of a bit smoother start up & feel a bit better on tick over, certainly not when actually driving the car. I have all the cable & terminals in my shed that I acquired free from my welding days..:D

Years ago I had a wee mk1 Punto which I multi earthed, it did indeed tick over like a Swiss clock & started very easily. These are just my findings by the way, but did initially read about this on the 'net years ago from an engine builders blog.

Back