Technical 900e

Currently reading:
Technical 900e

jimiddee

Hi just joined, need help i'm buying s 83 900e should get it this weekend it needs a battery , can anyone tell me what battery please

Hiya, looking for a battery myself, as my amigo doesn't seem to hold it's charge after a few days sitting idle. Best I've come across seems a Varta Blue 063, 44ah, am sure this is a good option. Think I can find it for around £45, but am still deliberating. Hope this helps...

Hi
I had to replace the battery on my Amigo (Connie) earlier this year (once I had put the engine back in) - the original was over 10 years old and wouldn't hold its charge.

I fitted the biggest I could in the available space (500 amps start up / 56AH), helps with starting Connie when it's been laid up for some time (weeks at a time while working on the restoration).

If you haven't got one already look out for deals, I got mine from Halfords in April for £52 (now £82). There are better makes around depending on how much you want to spend. Here's the one I fitted https://www.halfords.com/motoring/bulbs-blades-batteries/car-batteries/halfords-hb075-lead-acid-12v-car-battery-3-year-guarantee It should help with the sizing - I might have got away with about 10mm longer but it would have been a struggle.

I would also highly recommend a battery isolator fitted to the terminal. Only costs a few quid, takes minutes to fit and stops the battery draining out when not in use - very useful with old wiring.

Cheers
Gary

Back