Technical Fiat 900t carburettor problems...

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat 900t carburettor problems...

BristolKarl

Hi all. I've recently tried rebuilding the weber 30 icf carb on my 900t but managed to snap one of the screws holding the throttle butterfly to the spindle.

Tried to drill it out but man its tough. As a result I've made a right mess of the spindle. Otherwise the carb is in lovely condition.

I wondered if anyone had a spare carb for sale at a reasonable price or even better just the spindle as this is all I need. It's the bar with threads at both ends, not the shorter choke one.

Any feedback would be great. Even if someone knows where I can buy one from that would be a help as at the moment they seem unobtainable!

Cheers, Karl

Karl

You can (or used to be able to) buy rebuild kits that contain the spindle. I rebuilt the carb on my 850 around 12 months ago.

I had to buy a hand reamer to widen the seats in the carb body - as the replacement spindle is machined slightly larger in case of wear.

If you're struggling to find the kit let me know and I'll try to dig out where I got mine from.

Andy

Hi Andy,

Thanks for the reply.

I did see the kit on ebay. If I recall it was about £50 delivered and I was a little worried about reaming out the holes as mine seems to have no wear. I think it's only half a mill bigger so I might end up doing that. Although a brand new carb is £150 so maybe that's the way to go!

I was hoping, as unlikely as it is, that someone might reply they had a spare spindle for a tenner or similar and i'd grab that!

I think I'll just keep my eyes peeled as I'm in no rush.

Thanks again for taking the time to reply :)

Karl

Have you tried www.webcon.co.uk for a replacement carb or spindle?
I don't see the Weber 30icf listed but a spindle from a different carb might fit, this Co. will likely know.

AL.

Last edited:
Back