Technical Thermostat housing

Currently reading:
Technical Thermostat housing

GGX19

Greetings once more. Have just encountered a problem. The nipple on my thermostat housing (900e amigo) has sheared off as I was checking pipe conditions in the area. Pushed pipe against housing, but take it the van will have to sit until I get this sorted. Pity, as was planning to have it out and about in Derbyshire over the Bank Holiday...

Any ideas on getting a replacement housing, which I take it I'll need? And if that's the case I suppose I might as well get thermostat changed - even though engine and cooling have all been working fine?

Will this be 900e specific, or will it be just as the 850 / 900t? Sorry to sound so dumb, but am still feeling my way with this vehicle.

Lastly, any ideas where to source one? Thanks muchly if anyone can help.

Thanks very much for your reply. My Amigo is in the garage as I write this, and I've been told I need thermostat housing (lower), thermostat itself and related (2 ?) gaskets. Looks like I'll have some trouble finding the parts without having to spend fifty odd quid or more and wait a week or ten days for it to arrive, though it does seem to be originally an 850 part... Will keep looking. Thanks again.

Seems previous owner had gobbed things up with rad weld, causing blocked pipes etc. Now's the chance to get it flushed and get it right.

And if any wonderful soul knows of a thermostat housing collecting dust anywhere- would love to hear from you. Just keen to get van back and get out in it before onslaught of autumn.

Cheers. Glenn.

Last edited:
Panic all over now, van now back on the road. System seemed full of radweld, clogging smaller pipes up, and housing didn't even have a thermostat in... Since flushed, sold a kidney to buy housing from Ricambio UK, and all running as it should. Thanks to The Cad for getting back.

Back