endrop - for all your online needs

Old 26-06-2019   #16
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: Electronic Ignition

Quote Originally Posted by phate316 View Post
What electronic fuel pump did you fit in the end
Hi
I opted for the Facet Position-Flow (bought from Merlin Motorsport: https://www.merlinmotorsport.co.uk/p...0104-fac-60104)

There was no point buying the kit as the unions were a different size to the fuel lines I had - so bought them separately along with the glass in-line filter (also from Merlin).

Gary50 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 29-06-2019   #17
United Kingdom 

Quote Originally Posted by Gary50 View Post
Hi
I opted for the Facet Position-Flow (bought from Merlin Motorsport: https://www.merlinmotorsport.co.uk/p...0104-fac-60104)
Typo... 'Facet Position-Flow' should have read 'Facet Posi-Flow'.

Here's a pic of it in position.

When I first fitted it it was slightly higher up, just below the filter (where the earth point is now). It would pull the fuel through to the filter but didn't have enough oomph to push it to the carb.

This pic was taken this morning, I haven't started Connie for a week and you can see that the fuel filter is still full.

I still need to put some heat shielding in front of the fuel lines etc. to help reduce vapour lock etc. (as the new 4-branch exhaust is much closer than the original single outlet).
Likes fiat500 liked this post

Old 29-06-2019   #18
Patinated Peter

fiat500 has donated!
United Kingdom 

Quote Originally Posted by Gary50 View Post
Typo... 'Facet Position-Flow' should have read 'Facet Posi-Flow'.

Here's a pic of it in position.

When I first fitted it it was slightly higher up, just below the filter (where the earth point is now). It would pull the fuel through to the filter but didn't have enough oomph to push it to the carb.

This pic was taken this morning, I haven't started Connie for a week and you can see that the fuel filter is still full.

I still need to put some heat shielding in front of the fuel lines etc. to help reduce vapour lock etc. (as the new 4-branch exhaust is much closer than the original single outlet).
On the subject of fuel lines, do yours follow the original route. I have to fit mine soon and have no idea.

fiat500 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 30-06-2019   #19
United Kingdom 

The fuel lines from the fuel tank to where they enter the engine bay (just behind the exhaust) follow the original path - you can just make them out in this photo.

The fuel lines are the two pipes running across and around the bulkhead. The flexible hoses connect to the fuel pipes in the middle of the bulkhead and then connect to the top of the fuel tank (if you haven't already seen it the fuel tank sender and in/out fuel connections are one unit).

As I've fitted an electric fuel pump, I've re-routed the feed fuel line across the back of the engine bay generally following the path of the return line. If you look at the earlier pic's of the 123-Ignition you can see these in the background. (When I add the heat shielding you won't see them.)

If you are keeping the mechanical fuel pump the fuel line runs across the rear cross-member with a short piece of flexible hose connecting this to the pump. (This just adds to the list of bits to watch out for if/when you need to remove the cross-member i.e. to clean out the oil filter.)
Thanks fiat500 thanked for this post