Technical Parts Database

Currently reading:
Technical Parts Database

Gary50

Established member
Does anyone know of a parts database that is easily accessible online?

I've looked for ages and can only find fragments, generally individual parts at suppliers etc. and then with very limited information. :bang:

Many cars (old and new) share a common parts bin which although may have different part numbers, depending on the model, are in fact the same.

I'm currently restoring a 900T (Connie, noted elsewhere) and as I'm doing research on finding spare parts I occasionally stumble across notes that indicate that the parts from this or that model are the same.

What I would find useful is a central database where all of the models are recorded with their respective parts.

For example:
If looking for stub axles I could see all of the models that use the same one.
This gives more options in finding a replacement e.g. if looking for a stub axle for a 900T, if this is the same part for the 600/850/850T or 124 (or whatever - I don't know if the cars share the same stub by the way). I can search for all models rather than just the one - online searches are model & year centered.

In addition by know the common parts you will be able to check which upgrades are readily available with the minimum amount of effort. I have another post with regard to upgrading the brakes. From what I've been finding out rather than trying to get hold of 900E stub axles and disc brake assemblies it appears that the rear discs off a 124 will fit the 900T front hubs.
There also appear to be numerous blogs around detailing brake upgrades for other early Fiats and using the 124 reference would appear to be to be a serious option to upgrade the 900T with very little effort.

If such an online database exists please would someone post a link to it here so others could share.

If it doesn't exist I would be happy to help build one - my background is in web & database design. However, the population of the data & maintaining it is more than a job for one person.

Early Fiats also had a habit of being sold off to be manufactured by Eastern block counties e.g. Polski Fiat, Zastava, etc. I suspect that many of these vehicles have parts still available and many would most likely fit the original Fiat models they were based on.

I would be interested to know other members thoughts?

PS. Apologies if this post is in the wrong place, I tried to find a better location but couldn't start a new thread there.

What a great idea Gary; even if we all added whatever small amounts of info we each discovered on the way it would help. I have begun to realise that the history of the van goes back a very long way. So it is possible that some very obscure vehicles share common parts with the later vans. I will certainly add anything that I discover but have to admit to knowing nowt at the moment,:confused:

Hi Neil

Thanks for the additional information.
I thought that it was worth expanding on my original post... and nick the name you suggested as it sums up exactly what I want to achieve.

Rather than a simple 'Parts Database' your comment about a 'Parts Interchangability Guide' (PIG) sums up exactly what I want to achieve.

All the early Fiats are starting to suffer from a lack of spares and owners are having to be creative in searching for alternatives to keep their vehicles on the road. Hopefully if members are happy to share what they have done we can record this centrally and everyone will benefit.

Any members out there already got some modern day swap outs / upgrades that they would be happy to share?

Last edited:
I've just remembered and realised something a bit like this already exists...

When I needed to replace the van's drive belts, I put the fiat part numbers (from the microfiche...) into google. It then came up with a site called infopart.org which every part number (different manufacturers and aftermarket part numbers) thus I ended up with a correct pair of belts using in this example, the 'Gates' part numbers...which were easy to get hold of...

You can start by maufacturer. The van is listed. It doesn't reference everything, but there is a lot...

900T... http://infopart.org/fiat-900-te-panorama-09-car

All Fiats... http://infopart.org/fiat-maker

Last edited:
Brilliant!
This is exactly what I've been looking for - already bookmarked for quick reference.
What's even better, someone has already done the hard work so we don't have to.
I'm amazed that the site doesn't carry any information about who built it - they deserve a medal

Back