General Fiat 900t/e

Currently reading:
General Fiat 900t/e

Kmorganx

Hi all, I am looking for others who owns a 900t/e to chat as I don't know anyone.
I have the amigo 900t only owned for several weeks.

hey kmorganx, welcome to the select club of fiat 900 van owners, as you are probably aware by now fiat= fix it again tomorrow, ive been restoring my wife lill 900t for a year now, and she has been 1 step forward and 2 back most of the time, everything from starter motor knackered to brake master cylinder rebuilding, im now facing the final hurdle of sorting the last part of the mistifying electrics known as the hazard warning light system, as simple as it might seem , the haynes manual says it s only 5 wire but our one has 9 wires and a leak to earth somewhere which flattens the battery atm, so im going to put a seperate switch inline to isolate it when the hazards are not required

anything technical i can help with im more than happy to try , or look up spanner dude he seem to be the bees knees in the tech department here

later

tim

Hi tim hows things goin? So glad I've found another amigo friends :) doesn't seem many about. Do u know where I could possibly get front seats for it?

Hope to Speak soon

Hi Guys, I just registered as i have just bought a 900e pandora from ebay, i hope its not too bad as only my 2nd project. I have a lovely 126 aircooled too but that is on ebay unfortunately to pay for restoring the 900e.:cry:
I just hope that when the van arrives its not a pile of ...... you pay ya money you take ya chances
Gotta get it from south wales to staffs which is costing 180 quid, then where to start? lol
I hope to find tips and new friends on here owning the same kinda vehicle.:slayer:(y)

Welcome chaps,

you need to possess not inconsiderable testicular fortitude to take on the restoration of something that has such scant spares support. But there are ways and means.

I hope you enjoy your new adventure. (y)

Cheers,
Stuart

hello everybody, i too am a new fiat 850t camper van owner. i too am restoring and must admit im enjoying doing this van much more than my last one (vw). parts are very tricky to find though but i guess thats all part (no pun intended) of the fun. any pictures?

hey, ive just got my 1985 900E Amigo as my first car a week ago, but mine doesn't really need restoring that much as it is already in quite good shape. As for parts I got a few bits from Ricambio's website the other day as they seem to have quite alot of mechanical parts for the 900's.

BTW, I think the thread owner has recently sold her 900 as I saw someone with the same username sell one on ebay the other day.

I've attached some pics of my camper if any one's interested :):

Attachments

• DSC04922.JPG
    DSC04922.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 304
  • DSC04926.JPG
    DSC04926.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 198
looks nice and clean! wish mine was a little more solid...850t 014.JPG

850t 015.JPG

850t 030.JPG

850t 031.JPG

850t 019.JPG
ive been watching Italian ebay and managed to get my hands on some nos panels, so looking forward to cutting all the crap out and putting some new metal in. (y)

ive been watching Italian ebay and managed to get my hands on some nos panels, so looking forward to cutting all the crap out and putting some new metal in.

ooh, never even thought of looking on there, i'll remember that if i ever need any panels (y), the colour scheme on your van is ace btw :).

Hi Heres a photo of mine on its way to the garage so we can strip and make a start.
I wonder how many of these are in the UK as i havent seen any before around my area? hopefully we can get a meet when we all on the road??
:)
Has anyone any experience with these roofs lol??

Attachments

• IMG00552-20120601-1334.jpg
    IMG00552-20120601-1334.jpg
    176.2 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG00540-20120601-1330.jpg
    IMG00540-20120601-1330.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG00557-20120601-1341.jpg
    IMG00557-20120601-1341.jpg
    180.2 KB · Views: 83
  • IMAG0131.jpg
    IMAG0131.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 87
Looks nice mate, Im hoping mine will be roadworthy in a few weeks time. There doesnt seem to be many around so glad to see others on here have them.

Wow, love those roofs, theres a guy with one on auto****e

cza3k96

Mines currently having a new exhaust manifold because mine had a massive crack. I would also love to know how many of these are left in the UK, i'm taking mine to CamperJam in July and I think i'll be the only amigo there. :)

Last edited:
Wow guys your vans look awesome I will have to put pictures of mine up soon. We def should all meet up camping one weekend? Be lovely to have them all together.

Im definately up for a meet . Im working hard to get the van roadworthy, Looking for a side door if anyones got oneor can help me source, just as a donor as its rotten where the handle is and need to cut the piece from another door. Lets keep in touch and try and get a little meet, maybe then we can share ideas and experiences,

Im dreading tackling the roof :bang: but ill get there.:slayer:

Attachments

• IMG00590-20120609-1430.jpg
    IMG00590-20120609-1430.jpg
    169.3 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG00592-20120609-1431.jpg
    IMG00592-20120609-1431.jpg
    166.2 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG00587-20120609-1427.jpg
    IMG00587-20120609-1427.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 85
Im definately up for a meet . Im working hard to get the van roadworthy, Looking for a side door if anyones got oneor can help me source, just as a donor as its rotten where the handle is and need to cut the piece from another door. Lets keep in touch and try and get a little meet, maybe then we can share ideas and experiences,

Im dreading tackling the roof :bang: but ill get there.:slayer:

keep the pictures of your work coming, its nice to know im not the only person whos saving one of these vans :worship:

Hi,

Looking for a Fiat 900 amigo. If anyone has one for sale or knows of one going please get in touch.

Many thanks

Chris

Hi guys as you know i have a 900t, some of you may have been watching eBay and seen the red 900e for auction, well my partner has just brought me this van for donor parts for mine. I am soooooo excited as the one thing i have been desperate for is front seats, brackets, dash board and wheels etc. So if any of you need particular parts and i don't require them i'm willing to sell! Else i think once I'm done i am either going to sell as one unit back on eBay or strip her down completely and sell the parts.
Hope your vans are going well :D
Kelly x

Hi kelly,
I was watching the red one also, but I didn't bid because of nowhere to store it, you got it for a bargain price, I managed to buy a 900E engine the other day for £50 in case anything goes wrong on mine mechanically, even though I paid £60 for a new exhaust manifold a couple of weeks ago :bang:

We should do a meet at a camper show or something because they get a lot of interest from VW fans as I found out at CamperJam last weekend.

Many Thanks,
Luke

Hi luke that sound awesome, where are you all based? Where would you all like to meet? yes I did get van for a bargain. Everything is orinigal and in mint condition it amazing I'm sooo surprised and so happy. :D yea just got to get parts when you can I also had to buy a new exhaust but my gosh it now sounds beautiful :) :slayer:

photostream

Nice to see a few more 850t's and 900t's & e's on the road!:woot:
I've got an 850t/900t/e van gearbox for sale if anyone's interested.
I was going to keep it as a spare but I don't really have the room or the bank balance for that luxury to be honest.
Genuine 44,000miles, really great box, doesn't crunch in 2nd or whine in 4th like most do. It's actually in better nick than the 850 saloon box I've replaced it with! Let me know if you're interested.
Also got a set of 5 Cromodora CD9's for sale (ones on the van in the photo) and an unpainted set of 5 Cromodora Fergat CD26's (without centre caps). I'll put them up on ebay next week.
I've got a monster Weber 40DCOE side-draft carb for a Fiat 850 up on there at the mo.
(y)

Attachments

• IMG_0394.JPG
    IMG_0394.JPG
    152.1 KB · Views: 133
Back