Technical Fiat 900t door hinge adjustment

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat 900t door hinge adjustment

Can any one possibly tell me how to adjust the doors on my wifes lill van, the previous owner replaced the hinge pins to no avail, the rear left corner of both doors droops down, ive tried packing the hinge, heating and bending the hinge, it did help a little but if i level the door with the bodywork the striker on the door touches the bodywork, any help please

If you can undo the three screws that hold each hinge on to the A post, and then 'break' the 'dab' of weld, the hinges will move freely as they are fastened to a floating back plate in much the same way as the door lock striker.

You need to clean the paint away, use the correct screwdriver, also use plusgas/wd40 as it will take a bit of effort to shift the screws.

You can break the weld with a chisel. I found it was best with a cutting disc on a dremel though.

Obviously, it's best to take the door off first before you do this. Knock the hinge pin out in an upwards motion with a hammer and drift. For a drift use a long bolt of smaller diameter than the hinge pin.

Back