Styling amigo panels

Currently reading:
Styling amigo panels

Not sure if any exist - might be worth asking Ricambio (0208) 642 8577.

One of the chaps on http://groups.msn.com/amigofriends said he adapted Jaguar sills when he did his (See WAS RUSTY in Pics) but he wasn't sure what Jag they were off.

I've just fabricated by own out of sheet and angle - time consuming but cheap enough!

Kind Regards,

Steve Matthews
1984 Pandora 900E
1990 Lancia Y10

steve
thanks for the reply
i enjoyed the msn site
you are right. i also usually do make my own up ,and will do so, but you never know someone may have the odd panel in their garage.
i really must make a start this year.
again thanks for the reply
fiat903cc

amigo & Panda owner

Well best of luck to you - always nice to find a fellow 850/900 camper owner. Good luck chasing the rust out! I was quite unlucky with mine as the sill sections on my Pandora has been externively filled with fiberglass - so much so that there was no metal left in the outer sills at all for a good three quaters of their length.

I also had to weld up the back arches, front arches, outriggers and back of the engine bay. I managed to get one side of the van finished before the winter came and am waiting for the weather to improve to do the other side.

Repair pannels would be useful but I've managed alright with a hammer!

Kind Regards,

Steve Matthews

I've recently acquired a 900T panel van, which needs all the lower sections (sills, corners, etc) replacing. All the panels to do the job came with it though, so am OK.

It came with a pair of sills from an Austin Princess, as these have the same form as the front corners (obviously, cut the sill were needed) under the doors.

Hope this helps.

Vin

hi, the pictures "was rusty" on the msn forum was me! didn't use jag sills, they were hand made using a flat piece of steel and a scaffold bar. I also made the rear quarter panel, as this was entirely (quite cleverly) made of fibreglass... this was my first attempt at making panels, and with a bit of perseverence and lots of man hours it can be done....not the best restoration in the world, but managed to get it through an mot..I used a cardboard template of the old rear quarter, then reversed it and cut it out of steel.

Attachments

• rearquarter.jpg
    rearquarter.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 68
  • rearquarternew.jpg
    rearquarternew.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 83
Sorry about that mate, I'm sure someone on the forum modified Jag sills. Anyway I just did the same - plate piece of metal, hammer, hours of bending! Certainly stonger than the inch thick bodge that was holding them together before!!

no probs, nice to get a bit of recognition...I met a bloke through the amigo friends club who made really damn good replacement panels, but is sadly he is retired/retiring....I made three different rear corners for mine before welding the final one in, and the drivers sill is made from an old locker (wont rust again) both items are at best described as rubbish, but lots better than the inch-thick-in-places fibreglass that was in its place. I'll try and post some pictures of the worst bits, according to some people i've talked to about the 900e's it's the worst they've ever seen...

found some of the pics. It was a 'little' bit heartbreaking to keep finding more fibreglass, most of these pics were taken after I'd removed the chunk of fibre resin that was disguised as bodywork...

Attachments

• Simg0215.jpg
    Simg0215.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 44
  • Simg0231.jpg
    Simg0231.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 48
  • SIMG0232.JPG
    SIMG0232.JPG
    98.7 KB · Views: 49
  • SIMG0241.JPG
    SIMG0241.JPG
    82.1 KB · Views: 49
  • Simg0275.jpg
    Simg0275.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 50
Hadrian list sills for the Fiat 850 Sedan and Coupe. I'm going to get hold of one for my drivers side (yet to be replaced) and see if its any good. I'm sure it could save hours (if not days and weeks!) if they fit!

I remember the first time I looked at those pictures was just after I'd started to find bucket loads of bodge in my own 900E. I'd fired up the welder to patch a very small hole in the rear arch and was more and more horrified as I found more and more hairy bodge...

I remember saying to my wife "Look here, we aren't the only ones with a rotten camper..." whilst pointing at those pics. I though the drivers side on mine was the "best" side but after finishing off the passenger side and starting it - it looks like it wasn't. Saying that - at least I havn't had to do any repairs to the ROOF!!

I'll let everyone know if those Hadrian sill sections are any good.

Later,

Steve Matthews
1984 Fiat 900E Pandora
1990 Lancia Y10 1.0 FIRE

Back