Technical 850T 1972 Restoration - Panels? Gearbox?

Currently reading:
Technical 850T 1972 Restoration - Panels? Gearbox?

Hi, we're about to start to restore our 1972 850T camper. If we were ruthless it is too far gone to save, but we're not, and we're determined to get it back on the road as our ultimate van.

I've collected as many panels as I can, but am stuck for doors and some other bits. Any suggestions - does anyone know of any secret stocks lying in a garage, or complete spares vans taking up space? Long shot I know, but I'm desparate! Will try ricambio - just thought of that.

Also, has anyone any experience of improving the gearing? I believe there is a higher final drive available which lowers revs slightly, but does anyone know of even bolder options - any way to make a 5 speed fit? I heard of someone who had fitted a 5 speed Skoda box.

Thanks!

David

Attachments

• DSC00402.JPG
    DSC00402.JPG
    269.5 KB · Views: 89
Hi, I am also looking for a door but it is for 900T, I think they are the same door.
If you manage to find one would you let me know?

Cheers

My doors look fine... from about half a mile away!.
They all seem rotten to some degree and to be honest if you can't make them yourself then see if you have a local resto company who can repair yours.
It'll cost a small fortune to post a second hand one and then it might be no better than the one you've got so having your's done properly is the only real long term solution in my view.

Back