Register Login
iNETFX Domain Registration - COM/NET/ORG £6.50 a year!
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2018   #16
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 249
Thanks: 9
Trader Rating: 0
Lithuania 
Re: Fiat 500x 6.5 Uconnect DIY firmware update

I'm still contemplating on what's gonna happen if I try one of these updates on my US unit.
__________________
Current car: 2016 FIAT 500X Lounge, 2.4 petrol, 9-speed auto, AWD. Previous car: 2007 VW Golf Plus, 1.9 TDI, 6-speed manual.
Goodcoin is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 12-06-2018   #17
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 592
Thanks: 33
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: Fiat 500x 6.5 Uconnect DIY firmware update

Quote Originally Posted by Goodcoin View Post
I'm still contemplating on what's gonna happen if I try one of these updates on my US unit.


You'd have to find a US site to download it from. By everything I've read an EU download will brick a US unit and vive versa
Likes damomca liked this post
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

Alanw47 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 22-06-2018   #18
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 592
Thanks: 33
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: Fiat 500x 6.5 Uconnect DIY firmware update

I have just had a phone call from Fiat CS in Milan with instructions how to update my uConnect unit myself OTA. Needless to say it didn't work. I'm pretty sure it won't work on the 6.5" unit but once again CS seem clueless re uConnect. I didn't even know OTA was an option in the UK. If anybody with a 5" unit wants to try let me know and I'll pass on the instructions.
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

Alanw47 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 27-06-2018   #19
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 592
Thanks: 33
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: Fiat 500x 6.5 Uconnect DIY firmware update

Has anybody tried the USB update yet? Still getting instructions from Milan that are not apparent in my menu settings for an Over The Air update
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

Alanw47 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 28-06-2018   #20
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: In my car
Posts: 96
Thanks: 17
Trader Rating: 0
Greece 
Re: Fiat 500x 6.5 Uconnect DIY firmware update

I did!


The new 18 version installed fine over my existing 16 version. My destination was about 1 hour trip, so it was ideal to perform the update process that day. Everything went according to plan and the update finished about 35-40 minutes later.


I didn't have time to play with all the menu options, but there was nothing new that I could see. I believe the only noticeable difference, is the boot process, once I start the car and put it in reverse, the reverse camera video comes up faster than before.


Then I went back to the french forum and translated a few more replies, one of them says his battery died the next day. Lo and behold, a few days later my battery also died overnight hah, coincidence?....


I should have translated the entire thread before upgrading...
__________________
--
500X Lounge - 1.6 diesel - Venezia Blue
VeneziaBlue500x is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 28-06-2018   #21
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 592
Thanks: 33
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: Fiat 500x 6.5 Uconnect DIY firmware update

Quote Originally Posted by VeneziaBlue500x View Post
Lo and behold, a few days later my battery also died overnight hah, coincidence?....


I should have translated the entire thread before upgrading...

Well that doesn't bode well, the ladies in Milan are obviously still scratching their heads, I'm still waiting for a useful reply
Likes Alex4x4 liked this post
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

Alanw47 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 28-06-2018   #22
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Greenock
Posts: 100
Thanks: 8
Trader Rating: 0
Skbar247 has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Fiat 500x 6.5 Uconnect DIY firmware update

I didn't do the self update but the dealership kindly updated the software during a service and I was also told my maps set had been updated too. Will post which maps I gave, I'm on the 6.5 Uconnect and wasn't charged so might not be accurate no.

Stu
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

Skbar247 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 29-06-2018   #23
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 249
Thanks: 9
Trader Rating: 0
Lithuania 
Re: Fiat 500x 6.5 Uconnect DIY firmware update

Quote Originally Posted by Skbar247 View Post
I didn't do the self update but the dealership kindly updated the software during a service and I was also told my maps set had been updated too. Will post which maps I gave, I'm on the 6.5 Uconnect and wasn't charged so might not be accurate no.
I envy you! When I asked our local dealership to see what can be done about my 6.5, they sent me far far away, to the Land of the Free, where my car originates from. And the US support says there are no updates for my VIN number, which I find hard to believe.
Likes Alex4x4 liked this post
__________________
Current car: 2016 FIAT 500X Lounge, 2.4 petrol, 9-speed auto, AWD. Previous car: 2007 VW Golf Plus, 1.9 TDI, 6-speed manual.
Goodcoin is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #24
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 592
Thanks: 33
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Fiat 500x 6.5 Uconnect DIY firmware update

After about a month and much nagging of Fiat Customer Services I have received an email informing me that there are no updates available for my VIN number. This means that I am stuck with 2 year old firmware, and I KNOW that versions 17 and 18 are out there. It is a total shambles, and does not encourage me to think Fiat in the future.

"Your vehicle does not have an available update as of yet. Each vehicle is chassis driven, therefore it can differ from the other Fiat 500X vehicles. "
Thanks Alex4x4 thanked for this post
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides


Last edited by Alanw47; 2 Weeks Ago at 12:46.
Alanw47 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 1 Week Ago   #25
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 74
Thanks: 3
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: Fiat 500x 6.5 Uconnect DIY firmware update

I am in the same boat as Alan as above.
I am awaiting a reply having gone around the houses at Ciao Fiat!!
I have apparently been upgraded to the uConnect live Specialist who never got back to me last time!!
Weirdly I received an e-mail from Fiat the other day but yet to hear back from them.
I have also tried a firm called Resolver to see how this can be resolved!
To be honest with you I donít think Fiat know what to do with this and give out AdHoc advice. Dealerships donít know or donít want to know!
As for HERE maps dealers are being charged about £6k to update maps, not much take up for this.
My faith in it all is somewhat diminished sadly!!
Well done Fiat, u could have done much better. How about calling your entertainment system
Un-Connected as U -Connected we are not!!!
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

Alex4x4 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 1 Week Ago   #26
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 592
Thanks: 33
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Fiat 500x 6.5 Uconnect DIY firmware update

Quote Originally Posted by Alex4x4 View Post
I am in the same boat as Alan as above.
I am awaiting a reply having gone around the houses at Ciao Fiat!!
I have apparently been upgraded to the uConnect live Specialist who never got back to me last time!!
Weirdly I received an e-mail from Fiat the other day but yet to hear back from them.
I have also tried a firm called Resolver to see how this can be resolved!
To be honest with you I donít think Fiat know what to do with this and give out AdHoc advice. Dealerships donít know or donít want to know!
As for HERE maps dealers are being charged about £6k to update maps, not much take up for this.
My faith in it all is somewhat diminished sadly!!
Well done Fiat, u could have done much better. How about calling your entertainment system
Un-Connected as U -Connected we are not!!!


Speaking as someone who doesn't mind having a GPS unit sat on top of my dashboard (and I appreciate some might) I'm more than happy with my new Garmin. It does more than uConnect, uses the same HERE maps as uConnect and I get 4 free map updates a year for the life of the satnav. All for less than the cost of one Fiat map update. And as I no longer need uConnect Live I no longer get the annoying TomTom Camera bongs. Win Double for me. Fiat shouldn't be so greedy. HERE maps have already stated they don't care how much dealerships charge, they can even give them away if they want to.
Likes Alex4x4 liked this post
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides


Last edited by Alanw47; 1 Week Ago at 10:14.
Alanw47 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 1 Week Ago   #27
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 136
Thanks: 7
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: Fiat 500x 6.5 Uconnect DIY firmware update

Quote Originally Posted by Alanw47 View Post
Speaking as someone who doesn't mind having a GPS unit sat on top of my dashboard (and I appreciate some might) I'm more than happy with my new Garmin. It does more than uConnect, uses the same HERE maps as uConnect and I get 4 free map updates a year for the life of the satnav. All for less than the cost of one Fiat map update. And as I no longer need uConnect Live I no longer get the annoying TomTom Camera bongs. Win Double for me. Fiat shouldn't be so greedy. HERE maps have already stated they don't care how much dealerships charge, they can even give them away if they want to.
I agree. Despite paying extra for the 6.5 inch screen, I've found myself using Google maps on my phone and ignoring uConnect.
Everything is up to date then & its far more usable.
I can set up the destination before I get in the car and I can silence guidance without digging through multiple menus.
Likes Alex4x4, Alanw47 liked this post
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

NitramA is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Reply
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
(T) Uconnect 5' firmware update: 13.00.57.05 LordMetro 500L 19 1 Week Ago 07:24
(T) Fiat Croma CN+ 12.2 firmware & MAP update 2016/17 pgk83 Croma 3 3 Weeks Ago 09:47
(T) Thinking of upgrading your 500x Uconnect? Garree001 500X 33 02-04-2018 23:58
(T) Fiat 500X 6.5 Screen Update johnnypasta 500X 2 09-06-2016 07:01
(G) FIAT Connect Nav V.12.2 FIRMWARE UPDATE sasa71 Stilo 70 20-02-2016 15:20