Register Login
The UK's No.1 Chrysler Owners Forum
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 26-02-2016   #1
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Plymouth, UK
Posts: 35
Thanks: 4
Trader Rating: 0
Ben87 has donated!
United Kingdom 
Settings Menu

I just got a 2013 Fiat 500L Lounge 1.6 MJet and I'm trying to work out how to configure the automatic light sensitivity and various other settings for the car.

The manual says to press the menu button (which is the "Set" button just below the UConnect screen?). A menu should then appear on the multi function display with all the various options.

A menu is appearing but it only has the options below...

Dimmer
Speed Buzzer
First Page
Buzzer Volume
Service
Passenger Bag

How do I access all of the other menu options such as lighting? The key is in MAR position.

Any help will be great.

Thanks
__________________
Fiat 500L 1.6 Multijet Lounge (Pasodoble Red) - 2013 (63)
Ben87 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 27-02-2016   #2
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Plymouth
Posts: 353
Thanks: 31
Trader Rating: 0
chips1 has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Settings Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ben87 View Post
I just got a 2013 Fiat 500L Lounge 1.6 MJet and I'm trying to work out how to configure the automatic light sensitivity and various other settings for the car.

The manual says to press the menu button (which is the "Set" button just below the UConnect screen?). A menu should then appear on the multi function display with all the various options.

A menu is appearing but it only has the options below...

Dimmer
Speed Buzzer
First Page
Buzzer Volume
Service
Passenger Bag

How do I access all of the other menu options such as lighting? The key is in MAR position.

Any help will be great.

Thanks
I do not normally mess around with the settings so it has been a while but have you tried the "more" button on the radio? I am sure I have pressed something other than the "set" button to access more settings. I will have to go and have a play now.

Lol my bad, just checked on mine and I have a settings button on the radio which brings up all the options

Where in Plymouth are you?
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides


Last edited by chips1; 27-02-2016 at 16:41.
chips1 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 27-02-2016   #3
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Plymouth
Posts: 353
Thanks: 31
Trader Rating: 0
chips1 has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Settings Menu

One other thought regarding the first page option, is it not in there? I do not have this option but I recall some other posts mentioning this but that's all I can remember lol
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

chips1 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 27-02-2016   #4
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Plymouth, UK
Posts: 35
Thanks: 4
Trader Rating: 0
Ben87 has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Settings Menu

Quote Originally Posted by chips1 View Post
One other thought regarding the first page option, is it not in there? I do not have this option but I recall some other posts mentioning this but that's all I can remember lol
"First Page" option seems to let you customise what is shown by default on the main screen of the multi function display e.g. digital speedo instead of date.

I still can't work out how to access the full menu. I will have to give the manual another read tonight. I must have missed something.

Not sure why you don't have the "First Page" option. The car was serviced only last week by a franchised dealer so perhaps they updated the software.

I'm in Crownhill
__________________
Fiat 500L 1.6 Multijet Lounge (Pasodoble Red) - 2013 (63)
Ben87 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 27-02-2016   #5
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Plymouth
Posts: 353
Thanks: 31
Trader Rating: 0
chips1 has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Settings Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ben87 View Post
"First Page" option seems to let you customise what is shown by default on the main screen of the multi function display e.g. digital speedo instead of date.

I still can't work out how to access the full menu. I will have to give the manual another read tonight. I must have missed something.

Not sure why you don't have the "First Page" option. The car was serviced only last week by a franchised dealer so perhaps they updated the software.

I'm in Crownhill

I think you might have the old style display which is the reason for the "First page" option. I will however try to see if there is an update but I recall when we went to purchase our car they had a change in specs and the display was one of them so this could be why the option are different.


I am over in Estover so not far away


Same colour car as mine I see
__________________
I was having a lovely sleep earlier until some inconsiderate person decided to bounce off my windscreen


500L Pop Star 1.4
chips1 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 28-02-2016   #6
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Plymouth, UK
Posts: 35
Thanks: 4
Trader Rating: 0
Ben87 has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Settings Menu

Quote Originally Posted by chips1 View Post
I think you might have the old style display which is the reason for the "First page" option. I will however try to see if there is an update but I recall when we went to purchase our car they had a change in specs and the display was one of them so this could be why the option are different.


I am over in Estover so not far away


Same colour car as mine I see
Yeah, a different display system could very well be the reason why the menu is different on mine

However....

The owners manual that came with my car doesn't mention a "First Page" menu option at all. Although, the latest version of the owners manual for the current 500L does mention the "First Page" menu option.

This would suggest that Fiat have released a software update which has changed the menu system and added new options.

If the option is showing on my 63 plate car, and also on the latest 500L, then it should also be on your car, unless you are running different software. It might be worth checking with your dealer.

I could be wrong, I'm still new to all of this (this is my first ever car).

I have read every page of the owners manual (multiple versions) and still can't work out how to access this rather elusive setup menu!

Let me know how you get on. You might see me on the road at some point - I don't imagine there are that many 500Ls in Plymouth with P plates on
__________________
Fiat 500L 1.6 Multijet Lounge (Pasodoble Red) - 2013 (63)
Ben87 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 28-02-2016   #7
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 11
Thanks: 0
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: Settings Menu

I don't think we have automatic lights but I would love the First page option to have digital speedo.You could call Fiat customer service but in my experience they are call centre workers with no knowledge about Fiat cars .
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

Welshrambler is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 28-02-2016   #8
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Plymouth
Posts: 353
Thanks: 31
Trader Rating: 0
chips1 has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Settings Menu

I will have to find out if there is an update to the system. Anyone know if there is an option for this rather than ringing around? I have looked on the web quickly but it all seems to be USA side of things.

@Tynymynydd do you know anything about accessing the options that Ben is after? I have looked at your post earlier about accessing the "First page" option and am assuming you have this?


Not implying you are stupid lol but do you not have a setting button just below your radio unit
__________________
I was having a lovely sleep earlier until some inconsiderate person decided to bounce off my windscreen


500L Pop Star 1.4

Last edited by chips1; 28-02-2016 at 12:10.
chips1 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 28-02-2016   #9
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Plymouth
Posts: 353
Thanks: 31
Trader Rating: 0
chips1 has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Settings Menu

Sorry its not a great photo, wife was just about to drive off in car so it was done quickly
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	radio.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	1.32 MB
ID:	165186  
__________________
I was having a lovely sleep earlier until some inconsiderate person decided to bounce off my windscreen


500L Pop Star 1.4
chips1 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 28-02-2016   #10
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Plymouth, UK
Posts: 35
Thanks: 4
Trader Rating: 0
Ben87 has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Settings Menu

Quote Originally Posted by chips1 View Post
Sorry its not a great photo, wife was just about to drive off in car so it was done quickly
My UConnect system and surrounding buttons are identical to yours.

Just to clarify, the menu with the "First Page" option appears on the little multi function display on your dashboard (between speedo and rev counter). It doesn't appear on the UConnect screen (that can even be turned off while navigating the menu).

To bring up the menu, you press the "Set" button and use the up/down arrows.

I will record a short video later to make sure we are on the same page.

Still can't access the main menu though. I will start ringing around places this afternoon and hope I get someone with some know how.
__________________
Fiat 500L 1.6 Multijet Lounge (Pasodoble Red) - 2013 (63)
Ben87 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 28-02-2016   #11
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Plymouth
Posts: 353
Thanks: 31
Trader Rating: 0
chips1 has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Settings Menu

When I press the "Settings" button on the radio that brings up all the options of rain sensor and lights. The "Set" button on mine brings up all of your settings you posted with the exception of the "First page"


Both of these buttons bring up different options if that makes sense. If I had my car I would pop over
__________________
I was having a lovely sleep earlier until some inconsiderate person decided to bounce off my windscreen


500L Pop Star 1.4
chips1 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 28-02-2016   #12
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Plymouth, UK
Posts: 35
Thanks: 4
Trader Rating: 0
Ben87 has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Settings Menu

Quote Originally Posted by chips1 View Post
When I press the "Settings" button on the radio that brings up all the options of rain sensor and lights. The "Set" button on mine brings up all of your settings you posted with the exception of the "First page"


Both of these buttons bring up different options if that makes sense. If I had my car I would pop over
Strange. When I press the settings button under the UConnect/Radio I get no options appearing at all on any of the displays.

I will have another look...
__________________
Fiat 500L 1.6 Multijet Lounge (Pasodoble Red) - 2013 (63)
Ben87 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 28-02-2016   #13
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Plymouth
Posts: 353
Thanks: 31
Trader Rating: 0
chips1 has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Settings Menu

The options should show up on the Uconnect. Key in the MAR position
__________________
I was having a lovely sleep earlier until some inconsiderate person decided to bounce off my windscreen


500L Pop Star 1.4
chips1 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 28-02-2016   #14
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Plymouth, UK
Posts: 35
Thanks: 4
Trader Rating: 0
Ben87 has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Settings Menu

For forum users who do have the "First Page" menu option and would like a digital speedometer, here is a short video...

__________________
Fiat 500L 1.6 Multijet Lounge (Pasodoble Red) - 2013 (63)
Ben87 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 28-02-2016   #15
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Plymouth, UK
Posts: 35
Thanks: 4
Trader Rating: 0
Ben87 has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Settings Menu

Quote Originally Posted by chips1 View Post
The options should show up on the Uconnect. Key in the MAR position
I will try again a bit later. It's probably something really simple I am doing wrong. I will let you know how I get on. Thanks
__________________
Fiat 500L 1.6 Multijet Lounge (Pasodoble Red) - 2013 (63)
Ben87 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Reply
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
(OT) sevice in menu says 0 ray300 Grande Punto 16 17-12-2013 18:26
(T) Hidden settings menu Shaker Stilo 2 09-03-2009 16:14
(G) Set-up Menu? PandaLounge 500 2 26-09-2008 07:02
(T) AutoClose Menu. r16pab Bravo 4 30-04-2008 23:02
DVD Menu How to? Skate2create Computing 18 03-04-2007 23:12