Register Login
Mr FIAT - Your #1 source for vintage car parts
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2010   #1
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 14
Thanks: 0
Trader Rating: 0
South Africa 
Tech house grey with a red side stripe?

Hi guys does anyone have a pics of a Tech House Grey 500 with the red stripe on the side?Also any pics of the dark brown interior?
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

inoicangp is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 12-10-2010   #2
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Hove, East Sussex
Posts: 117
Thanks: 12
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: Tech house grey with a red side stripe?

I did a quick search on the members motors but couldn't find any Tech House with the red stripe.

Both the Tech House/Red stripe and the brown interior are on the Fiat Car Configurator though....must say the red stripe does look good on the dark grey (and not seen any on the road so will certainly stand out!)
__________________
Fiat 500c TwinAir Dualogic (Electroclash Grey), Abarth 595c Turismo (Podium Blue) on order
Previously:- Fiat 500 1.2 Lounge Dualogic, Pasodoble Red
, Fiat Grande Punto 1.4 Dynamic Sport, New Orleans Blue.
Thumper is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 12-10-2010   #3
STOP! Hammer time!
 
306maxi's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Welsh Riviera
Posts: 23,725
Thanks: 845
Trader Rating: 0
306maxi has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Tech house grey with a red side stripe?

Personally I don't very much like the Tech House Grey. It looks a nice retro colour but in practice it's a bit of a murky nothing colour (IMHO)

I wouldn't imagine there are too many 500's in South Africa so they'll stand out among the Mk2 Golfs and Corolla's

Slightly off topic but where in SA are you from?
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

306maxi is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 12-10-2010   #4
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 14
Thanks: 0
Trader Rating: 0
South Africa 
Re: Tech house grey with a red side stripe?

I back what you say about the colour but I want something differenthere in SA the fiat 500 is not very popular.If you see 1 in every 6 months you will be lucky and will either be in white or red.They even had to reduce the 1.4 Pop from R200 000 to R160 000 because it wasnt selling.

Anyway,Im from JHB,Roodepoort specifically
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

inoicangp is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 12-10-2010   #5
500 fan
 
PandaLounge's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Newcastle-under-Lyme
Posts: 435
Thanks: 25
Trader Rating: 0
PandaLounge has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Tech house grey with a red side stripe?

Quote Originally Posted by 306maxi View Post
Personally I don't very much like the Tech House Grey. It looks a nice retro colour but in practice it's a bit of a murky nothing colour (IMHO)
As a previous owner of a Tech House 500 I completely agree. It just looks washed out and hides all the lines and detail in the 500's body. Plus because it just seems to absorb the daylight it never really looks good even after hours of cleaning and polishing. A bit of a disappointment if I'm honest.

Electroclash grey, on the other hand, looks very good and very classy. Looks good with the white stripe, so it might also look good with the red.

Steve
__________________
Fiat fanboy since 2008. Many 500's owned, the odd Panda and Punto Evo, plus a 124 Spider. Now a 595 owner. .
PandaLounge is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 12-10-2010   #6
STOP! Hammer time!
 
306maxi's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Welsh Riviera
Posts: 23,725
Thanks: 845
Trader Rating: 0
306maxi has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Tech house grey with a red side stripe?

Quote Originally Posted by inoicangp View Post
I back what you say about the colour but I want something differenthere in SA the fiat 500 is not very popular.If you see 1 in every 6 months you will be lucky and will either be in white or red.They even had to reduce the 1.4 Pop from R200 000 to R160 000 because it wasnt selling.

Anyway,Im from JHB,Roodepoort specifically
Cool. I've spent a bit of time in Jo'burg myself, more specifically in Sandton
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

306maxi is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 13-10-2010   #7
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 14
Thanks: 0
Trader Rating: 0
South Africa 
Re: Tech house grey with a red side stripe?

Quote Originally Posted by 306maxi View Post
Cool. I've spent a bit of time in Jo'burg myself, more specifically in Sandton
Good Stuff,were you here during the world cup?because Sandton was electric during that period was a great experience!

Regarding the colour issue of the Fiat 500 do they still make it in Jive Blue?My brochure doesnt have it.
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

inoicangp is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 13-10-2010   #8
STOP! Hammer time!
 
306maxi's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Welsh Riviera
Posts: 23,725
Thanks: 845
Trader Rating: 0
306maxi has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Tech house grey with a red side stripe?

Quote Originally Posted by inoicangp View Post
Good Stuff,were you here during the world cup?because Sandton was electric during that period was a great experience!

Regarding the colour issue of the Fiat 500 do they still make it in Jive Blue?My brochure doesnt have it.
Nope. haven't been back since about '97. Tbh I prefer spending time on my families farm in Ventersdorp to spending time in Sandton
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

306maxi is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 13-10-2010   #9
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,632
Thanks: 237
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: Tech house grey with a red side stripe?

Err, time to continue by way of private messages possibly, please?
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

RobinPJ is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 13-10-2010   #10
STOP! Hammer time!
 
306maxi's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Welsh Riviera
Posts: 23,725
Thanks: 845
Trader Rating: 0
306maxi has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Tech house grey with a red side stripe?

Quote Originally Posted by RobinPJ View Post
Err, time to continue by way of private messages possibly, please?
Sorry, didn't realise you were a moderator now, I'll stop being friendly to the new member
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

306maxi is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 13-10-2010   #11
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Hove, East Sussex
Posts: 117
Thanks: 12
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: Tech house grey with a red side stripe?

Quote Originally Posted by inoicangp View Post
Good Stuff,were you here during the world cup?because Sandton was electric during that period was a great experience!

Regarding the colour issue of the Fiat 500 do they still make it in Jive Blue?My brochure doesnt have it.
Only 'rock n roll' blue is available in the UK now - some colours were dropped due to poor sales. However different markets seem to have different colours (e.g. Japan has a lurid orange version at the moment). Best is to check with your local dealer as to what is available.

There is a bright turquiose blue coming soon which was used in the TwinAir promotion (may already be out in mainland Europe).
__________________
Fiat 500c TwinAir Dualogic (Electroclash Grey), Abarth 595c Turismo (Podium Blue) on order
Previously:- Fiat 500 1.2 Lounge Dualogic, Pasodoble Red
, Fiat Grande Punto 1.4 Dynamic Sport, New Orleans Blue.
Thumper is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Reply
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
(G) You tube video: Tech House Grey - the new Punk Grey?...... PandaLounge 500 19 15-02-2010 10:57
(G) Tech House grey pics PandaLounge 500 15 11-08-2009 00:08
(G) Tech house grey, Ragamuffin Red and spoked alloys. PandaLounge 500 6 02-04-2009 22:58
White 500 Red Side Stripe - Birmingham M6/A38 PandaCraig Spotted / Was It You? 0 29-09-2008 02:14