Register Login
endrop - for all your online needs
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 26-01-2010   #1
STOP! Hammer time!
 
306maxi's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Welsh Riviera
Posts: 23,752
Thanks: 851
Trader Rating: 0
306maxi has donated!
United Kingdom 
Tamiya Assetto Corse kit

http://www.tamiya.com/english/produc...h500/index.htm

Just saw this and thought it might be of interest

Personally I'd just buy the body and not waste my money on the RTR kit but I guess if you're an R/C noob it's the way to go.
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

306maxi is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 26-01-2010   #2
Zakt- My personal stalker
 
Mark Elvin's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: On a planet of my own
Posts: 2,897
Thanks: 129
Trader Rating: 0
Mark Elvin has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Tamiya Assetto Corse kit

Quote Originally Posted by 306maxi View Post
http://www.tamiya.com/english/produc...h500/index.htm

Just saw this and thought it might be of interest

Personally I'd just buy the body and not waste my money on the RTR kit but I guess if you're an R/C noob it's the way to go.
I'm most likely going to sell my Tamiya 500 kit soon.......

__________________

Last edited by Mark Elvin; 26-01-2010 at 17:06.
Mark Elvin is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 26-01-2010   #3
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Northwich
Posts: 45
Thanks: 2
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: Tamiya Assetto Corse kit

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Elvin View Post
I'm most likely going to sell my Tamiya 500 kit soon.......

That looks really good, so if your selling it what price are you looking for and does it come with mains charger and batteries?
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

Shawny69 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 26-01-2010   #4
Zakt- My personal stalker
 
Mark Elvin's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: On a planet of my own
Posts: 2,897
Thanks: 129
Trader Rating: 0
Mark Elvin has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Tamiya Assetto Corse kit

Quote Originally Posted by Shawny69 View Post
That looks really good, so if your selling it what price are you looking for and does it come with mains charger and batteries?
PM me

Will be about 200 - 250, but it has A LOT of kit/spares/hop ups
__________________
Mark Elvin is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 27-01-2010   #5
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Hampshire
Posts: 2,727
Thanks: 93
Trader Rating: 0
CLXCraig has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Tamiya Assetto Corse kit

Did yours come with the body pre painted or did you do it all yourself?
__________________
'93 Panda Mk2 CLX
'11 Octavia vRS
CLXCraig is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 27-01-2010   #6
STOP! Hammer time!
 
306maxi's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Welsh Riviera
Posts: 23,752
Thanks: 851
Trader Rating: 0
306maxi has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Tamiya Assetto Corse kit

Quote Originally Posted by CLXCraig View Post
Did yours come with the body pre painted or did you do it all yourself?
Painting a lexan/polycarbonate body is the easiest thing. You paint the INSIDE (important that!) of the shell so you get a perfect finish every time.
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

306maxi is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 27-01-2010   #7
Zakt- My personal stalker
 
Mark Elvin's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: On a planet of my own
Posts: 2,897
Thanks: 129
Trader Rating: 0
Mark Elvin has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Tamiya Assetto Corse kit

Quote Originally Posted by CLXCraig View Post
Did yours come with the body pre painted or did you do it all yourself?
I had it done professionally.
__________________
Mark Elvin is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 27-01-2010   #8
aka tony
 
grimwau's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 5,779
Thanks: 374
Trader Rating: 0
grimwau will never be forgotten
grimwau has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Tamiya Assetto Corse kit

Quote Originally Posted by 306maxi View Post
Painting a lexan/polycarbonate body is the easiest thing. You paint the INSIDE (important that!) of the shell so you get a perfect finish every time.
I guess that there aren't any flies in the base coat then Mark.
__________________
Fiat Abarth 595 Turismo MTA (the one on the right)
Picture taken at the 2013 New Forest Xmas Meet.
grimwau is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 27-01-2010   #9
STOP! Hammer time!
 
306maxi's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Welsh Riviera
Posts: 23,752
Thanks: 851
Trader Rating: 0
306maxi has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Tamiya Assetto Corse kit

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Elvin View Post
I had it done professionally.
Slightly shocked as it's not difficult although I suspect your paint colour was a special job?
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

306maxi is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 27-01-2010   #10
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: In ur base
Posts: 1,268
Thanks: 100
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: Tamiya Assetto Corse kit

Damnit, seeing this topic makes me want to buy another RC car. Unfortunately my old one was nitro.... $$$$

And, very few nitro kits around these days. All RTR/ARTR rubbish. How do these people expect to be able to fix their car if they don't have the knowledge that comes from building it??
__________________
Drove BNW 1.2 Sport, with boot light, ESP and 15" multispokes.
Ordered 15th June 2009, collected 25th September 2009. 10000 miles completed 6th August 2010.
Traded in for Suzuki Swift Sport 10th May 2014.
zanes is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 27-01-2010   #11
STOP! Hammer time!
 
306maxi's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Welsh Riviera
Posts: 23,752
Thanks: 851
Trader Rating: 0
306maxi has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Tamiya Assetto Corse kit

Quote Originally Posted by zanes View Post
Damnit, seeing this topic makes me want to buy another RC car. Unfortunately my old one was nitro.... $$$$

And, very few nitro kits around these days. All RTR/ARTR rubbish. How do these people expect to be able to fix their car if they don't have the knowledge that comes from building it??
Agreed! I started well over 10 years ago with a Tamiya M02 which tbh was a PoS and then bought a Losi XX-CR Kinwald Edition which basically came with all the fruit standard Carbon chassis, carbon front and rear shock towers, oil filled low friction dampers with titanium nitride coated shock shafts, titanium turnbuckles, MIP CVD's as standard, ball bearing diff, bull ball bearing kit

You learn a lot about R/C cars and also real cars from it!
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides


Last edited by 306maxi; 27-01-2010 at 11:59.
306maxi is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 27-01-2010   #12
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: In ur base
Posts: 1,268
Thanks: 100
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: Tamiya Assetto Corse kit

Quote Originally Posted by 306maxi View Post
Agreed! I started well over 10 years ago with an M02 which tbh was a PoS and then bought a Losi XX-CR Kinwald Edition which basically came with all the fruit standard Cabon chassis, carbon front and rear shock towers, oil filled low friction dampers with titanium nitride coated shock shafts, titanium turnbuckles, MIP CVD's as standard, ball bearing diff, bull ball bearing kit
h *Goes misty eyed* they were the days.

Always a HPI man myself, N-RS4/2 kit built when I was 13 ish iirc. Hopped it up somewhat and bought it out of storage last year to discover the engine has lost most of it's compression (ok when cold, dies when hot idling)

Could put a new engine in but I suspect most of the newer designs would destroy the drivetrain in an instant. Oh well, if I sell the 500 when I go back to uni I could treat myself. Rather fancy the look of some of the buggys floating about now.
__________________
Drove BNW 1.2 Sport, with boot light, ESP and 15" multispokes.
Ordered 15th June 2009, collected 25th September 2009. 10000 miles completed 6th August 2010.
Traded in for Suzuki Swift Sport 10th May 2014.
zanes is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 27-01-2010   #13
STOP! Hammer time!
 
306maxi's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Welsh Riviera
Posts: 23,752
Thanks: 851
Trader Rating: 0
306maxi has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Tamiya Assetto Corse kit

Quote Originally Posted by zanes View Post
h *Goes misty eyed* they were the days.

Always a HPI man myself, N-RS4/2 kit built when I was 13 ish iirc. Hopped it up somewhat and bought it out of storage last year to discover the engine has lost most of it's compression (ok when cold, dies when hot idling)

Could put a new engine in but I suspect most of the newer designs would destroy the drivetrain in an instant. Oh well, if I sell the 500 when I go back to uni I could treat myself. Rather fancy the look of some of the buggys floating about now.
I sooooo wanted a 1/8 scale TGX CLK GTR or 911 GT1. Are there any directories of tracks in the UK? Fancy getting my XX-CR sent over from Australia and giving it a blast on a proper track.
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

306maxi is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 27-01-2010   #14
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: In ur base
Posts: 1,268
Thanks: 100
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: Tamiya Assetto Corse kit

Quote Originally Posted by 306maxi View Post
I sooooo wanted a 1/8 scale TGX CLK GTR or 911 GT1. Are there any directories of tracks in the UK? Fancy getting my XX-CR sent over from Australia and giving it a blast on a proper track.
No idea I'm afraid, I was always into just bashing.
__________________
Drove BNW 1.2 Sport, with boot light, ESP and 15" multispokes.
Ordered 15th June 2009, collected 25th September 2009. 10000 miles completed 6th August 2010.
Traded in for Suzuki Swift Sport 10th May 2014.
zanes is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 27-01-2010   #15
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Northwich
Posts: 45
Thanks: 2
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: Tamiya Assetto Corse kit

I used to work in a model shop years ago as manager for around 5 years, biggest thing then in electric was Schumacher CAT, but I used to race a Mardave electric thing, very strong and better than my Tamiya boomerang and there was another one that was like a copy of the CAT, still belt drive but missing some of the finer details, cant remember what it was called.

The Mardave mini's were great fun though.
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

Shawny69 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Reply
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
(G) Assetto Corsa OPC 500 7 19-04-2010 10:08
(G) 500 Assetto Corse around Bedford Autodrome jnoiles 500 8 16-12-2009 00:21
(G) Assetto Kit DAV1D Grande Punto 18 21-01-2009 17:30
tamiya rc car adz182 Auction Watch 17 04-03-2008 21:47