Register Login
im Axle Specialists
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #1
Join Date: Apr 2021
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Trader Rating: 0
USA 
Rubber inspection cover

Hello, i have a North American fiat 500 sport. 6 speed auto mated to a 1.4 multi air. Oil leaks ruin rubber parts. One of which is a oval inspection or build plug on top of the trans. About. No luck at dealer they have heard of it but don't know how to acquire. Any help is appreciated... Joe s.
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

Findus is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #2
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Orpington, Kent UK
Posts: 3,868
Thanks: 315
Trader Rating: 0
typecastboy has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Rubber inspection cover

Quote Originally Posted by Findus View Post
Hello, i have a North American fiat 500 sport. 6 speed auto mated to a 1.4 multi air. Oil leaks ruin rubber parts. One of which is a oval inspection or build plug on top of the trans. About. No luck at dealer they have heard of it but don't know how to acquire. Any help is appreciated... Joe s.


Iíve seen these on eBay in the UK. Iíve got one missing on one of my cars. I really donít see the point in the hole.
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

typecastboy is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #3
Join Date: Apr 2021
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Trader Rating: 0
USA 
Quote Originally Posted by typecastboy View Post
Iíve seen these on eBay in the UK. Iíve got one missing on one of my cars. I really donít see the point in the hole.
im assuming it is a build hole where they machine on the line maybe held the tranny up in place while it was installed... its kinda a large hole to just leave open to fill with debris... ill check out ebay... any key words i might type in to search for such a little beastie???
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

Findus is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #4
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Near the M4
Posts: 28,224
Thanks: 1107
Trader Rating: 0
varesecrazy has donated!
United Kingdom 
Quote Originally Posted by Findus View Post
im assuming it is a build hole where they machine on the line maybe held the tranny up in place while it was installed... its kinda a large hole to just leave open to fill with debris... ill check out ebay... any key words i might type in to search for such a little beastie???
Your gearbox may well be a little different to what we see in Europe..
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

varesecrazy is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Reply
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
(G) Headlight Rubber Cover Wanted TTR 500 7 10-03-2020 13:05
(G) Panda 100hp gearbox inspection bung/cover? dac69er Panda 0 16-10-2018 21:01
(T) Headlight inspection cover jonyid Punto (Mk2/2b) 5 28-03-2012 18:55
(T) oil leak by flywheel inspection cover vincex19 X1/9 5 15-09-2011 12:41
(T) Gearbox inspection cover leak, any thoughts? Frazz Punto (Mk2/2b) 6 12-09-2011 19:07