Register Login
endrop - for all your online needs
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 1 Week Ago   #16
Patinated Peter
 
fiat500's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Nairn
Posts: 4,720
Thanks: 225
Trader Rating: 0
fiat500 has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Ever chosen the wrong paint colour

Quote Originally Posted by Bigvtwin996 View Post
Had an idea....
it needs to be balanced with the Camper one on the other side...
Had already thought of that when @DaveMcT suggested a Classic Mini.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	COR_9975.JPG
Views:	9
Size:	2.86 MB
ID:	201328  
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

fiat500 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 1 Week Ago   #17
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Westerham
Posts: 1,879
Thanks: 149
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: Ever chosen the wrong paint colour

Quote Originally Posted by fiat500 View Post
I finally achieved it.

It looks great donít get me wrong but I think it would better with a door! It looks like a jigsaw puzzle with a bit missing. In the nicest possible way!😀
Likes fiat500 liked this post
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

Vitesse is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 1 Week Ago   #18
Patinated Peter
 
fiat500's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Nairn
Posts: 4,720
Thanks: 225
Trader Rating: 0
fiat500 has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Ever chosen the wrong paint colour

Quote Originally Posted by Vitesse View Post
It looks great donít get me wrong but I think it would better with a door! It looks like a jigsaw puzzle with a bit missing. In the nicest possible way!
Sheila was telling me that something else was needed as soon as it went up. So it's work in progress. I suggested flower-power stickers or a life-sized photo if me. Now I need to fool her into accepting the shelves filled with other spare parts
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

fiat500 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 1 Week Ago   #19
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Westerham
Posts: 1,879
Thanks: 149
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: Ever chosen the wrong paint colour

Quote Originally Posted by fiat500 View Post
Sheila was telling me that something else was needed as soon as it went up. So it's work in progress. I suggested flower-power stickers or a life-sized photo if me. Now I need to fool her into accepting the shelves filled with other spare parts
See I would have gone the whole hog and put some rear light lenses on it and lit them up. Nothing too bright but just to add a bit of contrast to it. Maybe even some lights up in the wheel arches to highlight it.
Likes fiat500 liked this post
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

Vitesse is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 1 Week Ago   #20
Patinated Peter
 
fiat500's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Nairn
Posts: 4,720
Thanks: 225
Trader Rating: 0
fiat500 has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Ever chosen the wrong paint colour

Quote Originally Posted by Vitesse View Post
See I would have gone the whole hog and put some rear light lenses on it and lit them up. Nothing too bright but just to add a bit of contrast to it. Maybe even some lights up in the wheel arches to highlight it.
Bloody hell .. I'd be just as well cutting Murf in half and driving him up the wall !. Less is more and anyway, you know what I'm like when I get involved with electric currants.
Sheila had already suggested we paint outlines of wheels on the wall. She didn't like my suggestion of the real ones when I replace them soon and have some spares.
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

fiat500 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 1 Week Ago   #21
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Westerham
Posts: 1,879
Thanks: 149
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: Ever chosen the wrong paint colour

Quote Originally Posted by fiat500 View Post
Bloody hell .. I'd be just as well cutting Murf in half and driving him up the wall !. Less is more and anyway, you know what I'm like when I get involved with electric currants.
Sheila had already suggested we paint outlines of wheels on the wall. She didn't like my suggestion of the real ones when I replace them soon and have some spares.
Now youíre on the right page! If it had a door you could add a picture of you driving it in the window. Kill two birds with one stone. oh btw whatís it called? It has to have a name!
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

Vitesse is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 1 Week Ago   #22
Patinated Peter
 
fiat500's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Nairn
Posts: 4,720
Thanks: 225
Trader Rating: 0
fiat500 has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Ever chosen the wrong paint colour

Quote Originally Posted by Vitesse View Post
Now youíre on the right page! If it had a door you could add a picture of you driving it in the window. Kill two birds with one stone. oh btw whatís it called? It has to have a name!
I suppose it will have to be Gualtiero.....Wal(l)-ter.
Likes IanEmery liked this post
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

fiat500 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 1 Week Ago   #23
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 13,848
Thanks: 656
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: Ever chosen the wrong paint colour

How about Audrey Hepburn

Likes Bigvtwin996, fiat500 liked this post
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides


Last edited by DaveMcT; 1 Week Ago at 12:44.
DaveMcT is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 1 Week Ago   #24
Patinated Peter
 
fiat500's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Nairn
Posts: 4,720
Thanks: 225
Trader Rating: 0
fiat500 has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Ever chosen the wrong paint colour

Quote Originally Posted by DaveMcT View Post
How about Audrey Hepburn

That's very nice...a more subtle versionof my original failed colour.

I'm experimenting with some LED strips that I got from Lidl a while ago intended for the camper; curved ones on the arches would be good.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FER_1869.JPG
Views:	5
Size:	2.11 MB
ID:	201454  
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

fiat500 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 1 Week Ago   #25
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Westerham
Posts: 1,879
Thanks: 149
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: Ever chosen the wrong paint colour

Now your getting there! I thought you didnít do electrickery!

Are those lights 12V? How are you getting the power up there? I guess they must be if they were for the camper.
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

Vitesse is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 1 Week Ago   #26
Patinated Peter
 
fiat500's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Nairn
Posts: 4,720
Thanks: 225
Trader Rating: 0
fiat500 has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Ever chosen the wrong paint colour

Quote Originally Posted by Vitesse View Post
Now your getting there! I thought you didnít do electrickery!

Are those lights 12V? How are you getting the power up there? I guess they must be if they were for the camper.
They come with their own transformer and you can see dangling below (ooh madam!) They're just taped in at the moment. If I do something permanent like this it would be wired into the lighting circuit accessible in an overhang below where we already have four LED GU10s.

The big boss seems to think it's heading the right way too.
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

fiat500 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 1 Week Ago   #27
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Westerham
Posts: 1,879
Thanks: 149
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: Ever chosen the wrong paint colour

Quote Originally Posted by fiat500 View Post
They come with their own transformer and you can see dangling below (ooh madam!) They're just taped in at the moment. If I do something permanent like this it would be wired into the lighting circuit accessible in an overhang below where we already have four LED GU10s.

The big boss seems to think it's heading the right way too.
Yeah thatís what I was thinking when I first saw your picture. I noted the four lights. On the back of my tv I have led tapes lights that are stuck to the back and light up the wall behind so it provides a bit of mood lighting. The way they get around the corners is they provide 4 lengths of tape light and some little plug in wire adaptors that go between the lengths so you just stick the tapes along the four straight edges and join them with the wire adaptors. They then plug into the USB port on the back of the TV for power and there is a little remote so you can change colour and brightness etc... Iím that you could get some like that to do the job. Plus the bonus was they cost something like £12 off of Amazon
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

Vitesse is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 1 Week Ago   #28
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 13,848
Thanks: 656
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: Ever chosen the wrong paint colour

I can see a door might (only might) add to it but the minimalist look is important. TBH you can only get away with overdoing it when you have a collection like the vineyard.

PS Can you find a picture of Audrey to sit in the driver's seat? The Mini (facing the other way of course) will need someone like Twiggy in her 60's finest.
Likes fiat500 liked this post
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides


Last edited by DaveMcT; 1 Week Ago at 14:28.
DaveMcT is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 1 Week Ago   #29
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 13,848
Thanks: 656
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: Ever chosen the wrong paint colour

Or keep it simple with a stencil picture in the car's door opening.

Thanks fiat500 thanked for this post
Likes fiat500 liked this post
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides


Last edited by DaveMcT; 1 Week Ago at 14:38.
DaveMcT is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 1 Week Ago   #30
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 13,848
Thanks: 656
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: Ever chosen the wrong paint colour

And another for Twiggy

__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides


Last edited by DaveMcT; 1 Week Ago at 14:37.
DaveMcT is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Reply
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Colour Code Wrong? deegee Bodyshop 2 24-10-2015 06:09
(S) Colour Coding Bumper Strips - great results, wrong colour! KRANP Panda 35 19-02-2014 11:43
(G) Wrong colour riviera67 500L 6 14-08-2013 19:42
New 500 wrong colour Fergy Newbie Central 5 19-12-2009 21:35
(G) wrong colour choice?? Miiss SunShiine 500 34 23-11-2009 20:45