Register Login
The UK's No.1 Chrysler Owners Forum
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 28-06-2015   #1
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 121
Thanks: 0
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Private Plate

Hey,

So I have just put a deposit down on a motorbike with a private plate.

Thing is that it's on a private plate that the guy wants to keep.

Any idea how long it takes to get it all transferred over so then I can sign the new V5?

DVLA website says 4 days to X weeks but has anyone does this before?

I don't want to miss this sun!

Oz
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

ozza is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 28-06-2015   #2
***** Whore
 
StevenRB45's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Newcastle
Posts: 6,527
Thanks: 79
Trader Rating: 0
StevenRB45 has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Private Plate

Quote Originally Posted by ozza View Post
Hey,

So I have just put a deposit down on a motorbike with a private plate.

Thing is that it's on a private plate that the guy wants to keep.

Any idea how long it takes to get it all transferred over so then I can sign the new V5?

DVLA website says 4 days to X weeks but has anyone does this before?

I don't want to miss this sun!

Oz
Can you not arrange to take delivery with the existing plate on the understanding it will be swapped when the docs come through. A mate of mine did this a few years when he bought a Monaro privately, bloke got his plate back a few weeks later.
__________________
StevenRB45 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 28-06-2015   #3
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 121
Thanks: 0
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: Private Plate

How does he fill out the new keeper section on the v5 and send it off for the change of reg at the same time?
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

ozza is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 28-06-2015   #4
***** Whore
 
StevenRB45's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Newcastle
Posts: 6,527
Thanks: 79
Trader Rating: 0
StevenRB45 has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Private Plate

Quote Originally Posted by ozza View Post
How does he fill out the new keeper section on the v5 and send it off for the change of reg at the same time?
I'm not sure I just remember him doing it. Believe they did the change of keeper and change of reg separately and he signed something to the effect he understood the reg was not included in the sale
__________________

Last edited by StevenRB45; 28-06-2015 at 22:16.
StevenRB45 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 29-06-2015   #5
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 80
Thanks: 2
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: Private Plate

I sent a v317 (tranfer/retain number plate) form + V5Cs off on a friday and got the V5Cs back the following friday. This was just the other week
Likes ozza liked this post
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides


Last edited by hmmmm; 29-06-2015 at 23:55.
hmmmm is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 30-06-2015   #6
Up to no good somewhere..
 
maggers's Avatar
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Cannock, Staffs.
Posts: 825
Thanks: 45
Trader Rating: 0
maggers has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Private Plate

Quote Originally Posted by hmmmm View Post
I sent a v317 (tranfer/retain number plate) form + V5Cs off on a friday and got the V5Cs back the following friday. This was just the other week
Yeah, pretty much. My lad bought an MG ZR with a plate on it and once I'd filled the paperwork in for the plank who was selling it - having had it returned twice to him!- It took about a week. Funnily, V5's are taking about 3 weeks at the moment.
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

maggers is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 30-06-2015   #7
Speed Reader of the Year!
 
Most Easterly Pandas's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 39,544
Thanks: 1239
Trader Rating: 2
Most Easterly Pandas has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Private Plate

Get him to fill out the transfer of plate document with you noted as current owner, and fill in V5C with you a new owner, and then get him to send both off together.

You'll get V5C for bike in your name with new number plate assigned, and he'll get either retention of plate cert or V5C for the vehicle its going onto sent directly to him

Done this recently when I sold a car to a friend, I was skeptical it'd work, but thought it was worth a try as if it didn't my mate and I would have sorted it out after the V5C etc had come through in his name.
Likes ozza liked this post
__________________
Most Easterly Panda's - Panda'ing in East Anglia
Stockest of mk2 Panda Parts, PM for any parts requests
1993 Classic Panda Selecta, 1989 Panda 750L,
2015 Kia Soul EV, 2009 Qubo Dynamic Dualogic WAV & 2005 Panda Climbing 4x4 (LPG)
Most Easterly Pandas is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 01-07-2015   #8
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 121
Thanks: 0
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: Private Plate

Quote Originally Posted by Most Easterly Pandas View Post
Get him to fill out the transfer of plate document with you noted as current owner, and fill in V5C with you a new owner, and then get him to send both off together.

You'll get V5C for bike in your name with new number plate assigned, and he'll get either retention of plate cert or V5C for the vehicle its going onto sent directly to him

Done this recently when I sold a car to a friend, I was skeptical it'd work, but thought it was worth a try as if it didn't my mate and I would have sorted it out after the V5C etc had come through in his name.
OK thanks for the info guys
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

ozza is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 06-07-2015   #9
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 121
Thanks: 0
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: Private Plate

Well based on these comments I managed to get the seller to sign & post everything together so I pickup up my new (to me) Harley on Saturday!!
Likes Most Easterly Pandas, AndyRKett liked this post
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

ozza is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 09-07-2015   #10
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 121
Thanks: 0
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: Private Plate

And here's the wee chap...........

God knows what he and the 500 will talk about in the garage......
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150704_161720369.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	638.5 KB
ID:	157312  
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

ozza is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 10-07-2015   #11
Speed Reader of the Year!
 
Most Easterly Pandas's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 39,544
Thanks: 1239
Trader Rating: 2
Most Easterly Pandas has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Private Plate

Not a fan of bikes, but I do like the look of that.
Likes ozza liked this post
__________________
Most Easterly Panda's - Panda'ing in East Anglia
Stockest of mk2 Panda Parts, PM for any parts requests
1993 Classic Panda Selecta, 1989 Panda 750L,
2015 Kia Soul EV, 2009 Qubo Dynamic Dualogic WAV & 2005 Panda Climbing 4x4 (LPG)
Most Easterly Pandas is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Reply
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
what does my private plate mean Conor H Lets Talk FIAT 3 01-08-2010 12:44
Private plate venomco Leisure Lounge 12 08-06-2009 17:07
Best Private Plate FDF Leisure Lounge 74 30-10-2008 09:50
Help with private plate jason FIAT Boo Archives 10 27-04-2004 20:43