Register Login
FIAT Auto Specialist Team
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 24-10-2008   #1
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Sri Lanka
Posts: 202
Thanks: 0
Trader Rating: 0
Sri Lanka 
Exclamation Fiat 500 1957 model

Hi does anyone here own a 1957 model Fiat 500? I am thinking of buying so I can restore and need some advice on the exterior colour, the registration book says orange but now the car is painted in red, does anyone know the colour code of the original orange which the 1957 fiat 500 came in?

I have been going through net and it seems that the orange is a dark orange which is almost red but I need to be sure

Any assistance much appreciated
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

Shanil is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 24-10-2008   #2
Real name: Tracy!
 
booklady's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Near Southampton
Posts: 1,048
Thanks: 50
Trader Rating: 0
booklady has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Fiat 500 1957 model

Quote Originally Posted by Shanil View Post
Hi does anyone here own a 1957 model Fiat 500? I am thinking of buying so I can restore and need some advice on the exterior colour, the registration book says orange but now the car is painted in red, does anyone know the colour code of the original orange which the 1957 fiat 500 came in?

I have been going through net and it seems that the orange is a dark orange which is almost red but I need to be sure

Any assistance much appreciated

We used to have an Orange 1971 Fiat 500 and the colour is much like the Calypso orange on the new model! It's a kind of brick orange (if that makes sense!!) Afraid I can't help with paint codes, but have you tried doing a google search?
__________________
Calypso Orange, 500, 1.2 Lounge, 15" sport alloys, side rubbing strips, chrome bonnet strip and mirrors, ESP, mats and a stupid grin on my face
booklady is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 24-10-2008   #3
Moderator
 
Davren's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: London, UK.
Posts: 13,929
Thanks: 1487
Trader Rating: 5
Davren has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Fiat 500 1957 model

Here's a link to an original Fiat 500 colour chart with Fiat numbers:

http://www.fiat500classics.co.uk/cat...0a047f67e24ce5

The colours aren't reproduced very well but you may recognise one.

Dave.
__________________
Stilo Parts For Sale: Connect Nav+ Map Discs - Wiper Motor (NEW) - JTD/JTDM Front Brake Discs (NEW) - 5 of 215/45-17 Alloy Wheels

For details, click here: http://www.fiatforum.com/classifieds...0&ppuser=48514
Davren is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 25-10-2008   #4
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Sri Lanka
Posts: 202
Thanks: 0
Trader Rating: 0
Sri Lanka 
Re: Fiat 500 1957 model

Quote Originally Posted by Davren View Post
Here's a link to an original Fiat 500 colour chart with Fiat numbers:

http://www.fiat500classics.co.uk/cat...0a047f67e24ce5

The colours aren't reproduced very well but you may recognise one.

Dave.
Thanks will go through the website it seems very pretty good
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

Shanil is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 25-10-2008   #5
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Sri Lanka
Posts: 202
Thanks: 0
Trader Rating: 0
Sri Lanka 
Re: Fiat 500 1957 model

Quote Originally Posted by booklady View Post
We used to have an Orange 1971 Fiat 500 and the colour is much like the Calypso orange on the new model! It's a kind of brick orange (if that makes sense!!) Afraid I can't help with paint codes, but have you tried doing a google search?
Yep tried the google search but could not progress much i think in those days there were no metalic colours so it muct be the brick orange
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

Shanil is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Reply
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
(G) Funky 500 - Surf Rescue model Jimrod 500 4 18-08-2008 18:35