Technical 77 x1-9 Info required

Currently reading:
Technical 77 x1-9 Info required

grahame.w

Hi folks just got my first x1-9 at last after 30 years my dreams come true.
I will be putting it in the garage soon as my winter project and intend to get her back to as original as possible before next summer.
Body colour (Previous not to good respray) orange I presume its the red orange rather than orange metalic.
Door cards Dirty orange although these need replaced as some bright spark has cut speaker holes in them.
Engine bulkhead behind seats Blue
Carpet Blue (I think this has been replaced)
Dashboard brown
Seats deckchair striped (orange/brown)
Alloys silver (again repainted)
If any body has any info as regard to original colours /paint codes with regard to any of the above i would be extremely grateful or am i barking up the wrong tree was blue ,brown and orange the "in" colours in the 70's
Thanks(y)

From memory:

Dashboard should be dark brown (almost black).
Carpet should be dark red/brown
Door cards and bulkhead trim should all be the same colour
Alloys were originally just lacquered and should be a fairly bright colour when new but tend to go dull with age.

Body colour should be the metallic orange (Arancio met. - paint code 190) for that year. The red-orange (Arancio - paint code 474) was (allegedly) only 1974 and revisited from 1978-1983 (paint code 171) but this is just for RHD cars (UK market).

LHD cars had more colours available. The red-orange was available from 1972 to 1985 (paint code 171). Metallic orange (190) was available from 1976 to 1978 and briefly revisited in 1981 (paint code 902).

The accuracy of this information is largely down to paint manufacturers unfortunately and there are likely to be fairly large holes in the information.

The seats sound original

many thanks Jimbro,
thats just what I'm after
This looks as if I'm going to have many Happy hours trying to source new material for the door cards , carpets and bulkhead.
If anybody has any ideas all will be welcome
Regards and thanks again
grahame(y)

Last edited:
Back