Technical seat belt locking up on 86 bertone

Currently reading:
Technical seat belt locking up on 86 bertone

rinaldocantabile

Hi All,

This looks like a fabulous forum. I've been skimming today and I'm really getting pumped to get my Bertone in tip-top shape.

As noted, just bought an 86 Bertone X 1/9 in very nice condition. Aside from the wild goose chase of trying to track down the Haynes manual ;-) the main problem I'm experiencing is that the driver's side seat belt is locking up. I try to pull it out, it moves an inch or two and locks. Sometimes I can get it to come out several inches but it invariably locks before I can strap in. Ideas?

update: I can get it to release and retract if I baby it. The lock linkage is definitely "loose" within the black box at base of seat. You can feel the locking mechanism falling into place somewhat loosely. Time to take it apart!

Hey there... I have an '87 Bertone that had the very same problem... I opened the plastic black box and sprayed WD-40 into it and the problem was completely solved. Try it and let me know how you made out!

Sincerely,

John

slegs said:
Hey there... I have an '87 Bertone that had the very same problem... I opened the plastic black box and sprayed WD-40 into it and the problem was completely solved. Try it and let me know how you made out!

Sincerely,

John

Sounds like my kind of fix ;-) I'll try it out, thx for the tip!

Back