General Info on these rims please !!!

Currently reading:
General Info on these rims please !!!

gserghiou

Hi All,

I am attaching a photo of my x1/9 as this is as close as i got to it till now:bang:

Its supposed to be with me soon. (y) :slayer:

Can someone please tell me what width those rims are, and what is the maximum width tyres i can put on them ???

I thought they were 4.5 J but on a posting on ebay it lists them as 5 J ( i believe this mean 5 inches wide) :confused:

So are they 4.5 or 5 ???? and please state tyre size for the front and back and also if you have any experience on handling with different tyre sizes.. I was planning on 185s but i was told for the 4.5 to go for 175 ..Is this correct and if so how will it affect the handling ???

is it a good idea to go for 185 or even 195 for the back and 175 for the front ??? How would this affect its handling ????

Please help this exxie look cool :devil:

Thanks,:D

George

Attachments

• myx19.jpg
    myx19.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 33
They are 5 inches wide - as specified in the auction. The 4.5 inch rims are to the best of my knowledge only available in steel. There are some very rare 5.5 inch rims supplied by Abarth but I've only ever seen these in the states.

One thing you need to be *very* wary of with these particular rims is that there are two types - with and without beading seals. The earliest ones (as supplied on the late 1300s and early 1500s) were intended for use with inner tubes. If you get these you might find the tyre fitters getting very awkward. Later ones (ugly imho unless you get the very late "spoked") are all suitable for tubeless tyres.

Stock width/profile on these is 165/70r13. You can fit 185/60r13 but beyond that you are taking chances - most tyre fitters would refuse to fit anything wider as they risk large insurance penalties if things go wrong.

Finding 175s could prove rather tricky so I (personally) wouldn't bother looking.

The car is designed to work with equal tyre sizes all round - moving away from this requires you to reconsider the geometry somewhat but is not an unusual setup.

just replaced all the tyres on our old Honda Accord and instead of going with 185s as the car is meant to be, i chose the 175s as the tyre person had only 2 185s in stock :D

I thought i could change them onto the X when it arrives (y)

So i will stick with the 175s with no prob....;)
If i find that it needs to look meaner then i will bother u all with another post ...:D

Thanks again,

George

Back