Technical Overheating problems/radiator

Currently reading:
Technical Overheating problems/radiator

Got a 1989 Xy which has just been fitted with a Uno Turbo Engine.
After a long year of not getting it going, 2 days ago it started. :D

However, when we took out the old engine last year the car was emptied with water and we have not fitted a smaller expansiontank, and filled it up with water, however, it's prob not enough water in it/and or there might be some air bubbles in the system.

My question is, where is the ventilation valve located on the radiator?
There isn't access to the radiator in front boot so it has to be lifted up to access it from under (which isn't a problem)

Been searching the forum and as I can see there is different ways how people are "bleeding the air" out, but first I need to find it :D

Any help? many thanks from a happy Turbo boy :D

The bleed screw is in the front of the nose cone on the left hand side in the actual front boot area above the radiator. It is a hole about 25mm across that you need to put an allen key into (i believe).
You need to let the air out of the radiator then run the engine with the cap off the expansion tank for around 15 minutes to let the air burp out of the system then I would check for air in the radiator again when cool enough top up and you should be good to go.
I have a different radiator on mine so can't help anymore than that, If your radiator is not in perfect order you may have overheating issues as a lot more heat is created in a turbo set up, check the condition and check it is thoroughly clean inside, you don't want a cooked engine....

Good luck, enjoy and hope your gearbox stands up O.K.

The bleed screw is in the front of the nose cone on the left hand side in the actual front boot area above the radiator. It is a hole about 25mm across that you need to put an allen key into (i believe).
You need to let the air out of the radiator then run the engine with the cap off the expansion tank for around 15 minutes to let the air burp out of the system then I would check for air in the radiator again when cool enough top up and you should be good to go.
I have a different radiator on mine so can't help anymore than that, If your radiator is not in perfect order you may have overheating issues as a lot more heat is created in a turbo set up, check the condition and check it is thoroughly clean inside, you don't want a cooked engine....

Good luck, enjoy and hope your gearbox stands up O.K.

many thanks for your help.
really appreciate it.. will let you know..
The gearbox will hopefully stand up, not planning to do much racing with it ;)

Back