Technical Marelli or Ducellier distributor

Currently reading:
Technical Marelli or Ducellier distributor

x19boy

I need some info about my distributor need to order parts for starting the engine (15 years not working) is this marelli or ducellier
x19 1974 1300cc canadian
from Montreal Canada

I guess being an early car you don't have the access panel behind the spare wheel? Then it's easy to get a good look at the base to identify it.

Effectively I dont have the acces door
but i found a number on the casting on one side HUS 02 I do some recherch on the net and found that it was a Ducellier casting no 4481A
Can anyone confirm that it was this distributor used in north america

If you remove the distributor cap ( either 2 clips or 2 screws) it should be marked on the cap between the plug (HT) terminals/sockets, assuming it's an original or main dealer supplied cap.

Iirc, Marelli distributors use a brick red colored cap, Ducellier use a black cap?

If you use a light and mirror (or one of those new-fangled inspection cameras) to get a look at the distributor body. Magnetti Marelli dist. bodies had the name cast into the body midway between the mounting and the distributor cap. It looks like a crest iirc oval? in shape.

Al.

Thank you Al
finally I found it "Ducellier distributor "

Thanks everyone for your help!:worship:

Great to hear of an X 1/9 being looked after in Canada, a rare machine in those parts I would have thought

Back