Technical Uno Turbo Conversion help

Currently reading:
Technical Uno Turbo Conversion help

Hey all,

Been around for some time here now and need some help please.

We've been working on converting my 1989 X1/9 to a new heart and soul with an 1988 Uno Turbo 1,3 litre 105 HK. We have now come up to some problems that we need some solutions to.. and was hoping that anyone of you could help us with.

I've been searching high and low on the net, getting manuals off the net, converting Uno pages from German to Swedish but some electrical problems are still occurring.

And until we have sorted these out we can't start it up and see if it's working.

so any help would be greatly appreciated.

From the main cables that comes from the box (black one) there is a few leads that we can't get to go anywhere.
A red and a green (male) and one blue (female) and a white (female)
anyone knows where this goes?

Attachments

• grönröd.jpeg
    grönröd.jpeg
    125 KB · Views: 54
From the relay connected to the fuel pump there is one large red, and a small red cable, and a small pink cable and a white one (female)
and on the end of the main cables (from the black box) a blue female

Attachments

• storröd.jpeg
    storröd.jpeg
    105.8 KB · Views: 37
This big pink cable we do believe was part of the main cables from the X1/9 before we started the conversion, but still wondering if it needs to be connected anywhere?

Attachments

• rosaStor.jpeg
    rosaStor.jpeg
    112.5 KB · Views: 31
pictures what the engine looks like and where you can see the cables.
as I said any info and help would be greatly appreciated as we are stuck at the moment

Attachments

• motor5.JPG
    motor5.JPG
    141.3 KB · Views: 62
  • motor4.JPG
    motor4.JPG
    123.5 KB · Views: 47
  • motor3.JPG
    motor3.JPG
    121.1 KB · Views: 55
  • motor2.JPG
    motor2.JPG
    134.4 KB · Views: 55
  • motor1.JPG
    motor1.JPG
    134 KB · Views: 74
What are you using as reference information?
I'm looking at the Haynes Uno manual that is commonly found online, chapter 13, page 88, the microplex wiring diagram.
The first thing that you should check is if the optional anti-theft relay is present. If the anti-theft is present or has been removed, you may have some non-original wires mixed in there. That would explain the dodgy connectors.
The pink cable connects to the coil in a standard X1/9. I think it comes straight from the ignition switch, but I'll have to check it.

Last edited:
What are you using as reference information?
I'm looking at the Haynes Uno manual that is commonly found online, chapter 13, page 88, the microplex wiring diagram.
The first thing that you should check is if the optional anti-theft relay is present. If the anti-theft is present or has been removed, you may have some non-original wires mixed in there. That would explain the dodgy connectors.
The pink cable connects to the coil in a standard X1/9. I think it comes straight from the ignition switch, but I'll have to check it.

Many thanks for the reply.
I've actually used both the Haynes manual and a German site called www.uno-turbo.de to get diagrams from both and sadly non of them are matching.
Also the cables are not coming from the microplex box, they are all from the black ignition box.
Hence there's a few dodgy connection leads.

I think I managed to solve a few leads by the relay.. More to follow :D

Hey guys & gals

Thanks for your replies, but I still have some problems that we really don't know how to handle.

From the Microplex box, in the bundle of cables there is a connection with 4 cables, 2 reds, 1 green and 1 light blue, but it only have "outs" for 3 male connections, We can't get our heads around to where these ones are going.

Any kind souls on here who might know where?

many thanks

Uffe
Stockholm

Attachments

• Kablage3.JPG
    Kablage3.JPG
    92.6 KB · Views: 41
  • Kablage2.JPG
    Kablage2.JPG
    99.6 KB · Views: 46
  • Kablage1.JPG
    Kablage1.JPG
    123 KB · Views: 42
Hi,
What do you mean by "microplex" box?
The best approach, as hs been suggested before, is to disconnect the battery and unplug the Bosch ECU (big rectangular plug in your picture) and then use a multimeter set to Ohms to check continuity. Pick one of your unknown wires and attach to one meter lead. Then touch the other meter lead to each contact on the Bosch plug in turn. A reading of less than 1 ohm is continuity. Don't stop at the first pin you find, go through them all. Write down the wire identification (put a bit of tape with a number on each one as you go along) and what ECU pin(s) it connects too. Post the list here and we will do some detective work. If a wire does not go to an ECU pin try to follow where it goes.

Robert G8RPI.

Hey all, first of all.. sorry for keeping it very quiet.

after almost 1 year of trying to get it going.. we got it upp and running, and during like a cat.. sounds fantastic.. and I'm like a little kid at x-mas :D
now it's time to do the small bits, and then it will be stored for the winter and pick up where we left it when the spring is on its way - early 2017

Back