Technical X1/9 Serie Speciale Paint Matching

Currently reading:
Technical X1/9 Serie Speciale Paint Matching

IndianaAndrew

To all,

I have posted before about the x1/9 I purchased a '79 Serie Speciale with a custom 2 tone paint job. The original color code is 390 Fiat's "Metallic Green." Does anyone know how to obtain a color matching paint preferably in a rattle can. I do not have access to a paint gun. This page shows a Dupont stock number of 44831 found at this site:

http://www.uniquecarsandparts.com.au/colour_swatch_fiat_1981A.htm

Searching for this code elsewhere shows the color as a ugly faded olive green, certainly not a match to the lovely x1/9 metallic green

The part I am painting is the headlight motor mount panel. I re-welded the part in place and primed it. Before installing the lights again and messing with their timing I would like to see if I could do better than the nearest lime green found at Walmart. Given the location, an exact match isn't required but may as well do it right when it's fully disassembled.

If I get my camera working I might be able to post pictures.

Thanks,

Andrew

Your nearest automotive paint supplier should be able to get the color for you. Metállic paint usually requires a clear coat to look metallic, so "ugly faded olive green" may just be the right color.

I bought mica blue paint for my X19 from Bee Bee refinishing in Ipswich, in a spray tin.
Used it to touch up paint in the front luggage compartment which does not have the lacquer coat (as does the external paint). Very easy to do and was a perfect match.
Can't see why they wouldn't post it.

Back