Technical Dashboard Instrument Cluster Screws

Currently reading:
Technical Dashboard Instrument Cluster Screws

DaveHolmes

This will seem a lame request, but the trouble of going backwards and forwards for me will be sorted if anyone has his instrument cluster removed. I have lost the allan-type capscrews which secure my instrument cluster. Does anyone have the thread size and lengths (they come in two lengths) of the four cluster securing screws please:yum:

You're in luck, I have the screws out:

They're not off the shelf cap head screws so you won't be able to buy them from a fasteners shop. They're self tappers.

MjfvqXc.jpg

And my dash has five, three long and two short.

Many thanks Pull9Gs, I lost mine so long ago, I can't recall what they look like length-wise, have you used a metric rule or inches? Mine were definitely proper threaded screws, but if I get an idea of the thickness, I would use a self-tapper out of desperation.

These are threads for plastics, similar to hi-lo, pt and delta-pt. Bertone was quite ahead in the use of plastic fasteners, doing without the classic spring nuts that iniciate rust spots.

@ Andrew T - yes I'd still like to use the proper threaded allen screws if I can find the thread size and length of the screws. Failing, I will go the self-tapping route suggested above. I'm not quite there yet, but soon will be! Cheers!

Back