Tuning Sports air filters do they really work?

Currently reading:
Tuning Sports air filters do they really work?

JimmyJam

Hi all, I have a X 1500 engine with 34 dmtr weber carb. Well as the engine temperature reaches quite high, I was looking into creating more room for the engine to cool by installing a more sporty type carb air filter. I know there are those K&N ones that are quite pricey, or if someone could suggest an alternative. But what I really want to know is do these really make any difference at all are a waste of money. Also, the 2 rubber air type pipes that attach to the underside of the air filter housing, if i was to install one of those sporty type filters, what happens to those pipes and where do they go.
If anyone else has got any suggestions on cooling the engine bay, as I am sure i suffer from fuel eveaporation after a long run.
Thank you so much. Jimmy.

They work. Some better than others. To cool the engine bay you need to get cold air in, hot air out. Any engine will benefit: engines like cool, dense, air, but beware of anything that might pick up substantial quantities of water (puddles, floods, etc.)

It's not unknown for people to fit snorkel-like air intakes to MR2s, but what that would look like on a classic FIAT is something of an unknown.

They work. Some better than others. To cool the engine bay you need to get cold air in, hot air out. Any engine will benefit: engines like cool, dense, air, but beware of anything that might pick up substantial quantities of water (puddles, floods, etc.)

It's not unknown for people to fit snorkel-like air intakes to MR2s, but what that would look like on a classic FIAT is something of an unknown.

Something like this?

Abarth did it first - circa 1973 in this case - with a car that proved more competitive than the Stratos so Fiat killed it off... typical. Amazing what you can do with a normally aspirated 1800 twink and a lightened X1/9 shell though!

Back