Technical clutch problem

Currently reading:
Technical clutch problem

toreno

fitted a new clutch and slave cyl now i have bled the system many times and adjusted the clutch rod all the way to the end but still i have to burry the pedal all the way down just to get it in gear what have i done wrong ?

Obvious question first - are you sure you put the clutch plate in the right way around?

Less obvious - have you confirmed that the slave cylinder is giving the full range of movement when the pedal is depressed?

Second obvious question second: which slave cylinder system does your car have? Or how old is your car? Is the big spring hooked next to the slave cylinder or towards the engine block? The later systems are self-adjusting, but the earlier ones not. Also read somewhere that the later systems may cause premature wear of the throw out bearing.

yes the clutch is in the correct way round its the later type a 1988 1500 with the spring to the gearbox as for full range of movement how far should it move?

Should move through 20mm. Get a ruler next to it, set up your cell phone, hit record and pump the clutch. It makes a great video!

Back