Technical Starter Motor

Currently reading:
Technical Starter Motor

bludvl_x19

42 Wallaby Way Sydney
Which is the positive and negative terminals of the starter motor? Consulting the good book of Haynes doesn't provide any answers that help me.

I've just noticed that I have two wires onto one terminal of my starter. Probably was done the last time it was at a mechanic, as I have no need to remove it when taking the gearbox off, I just use a wire sling to hold it out of the way and to take tension off the aforementioned starter leads.

Also, while we are at it, what colour are your starter wires? Mine are green and green/white from memory, another detail that doesn't match the book that is quickly becoming a firelighter....

Cheers for your help in advance :)

I'm going to risk answering without checking first, but there are no negative terminals, only positive. You should have one heavy duty, brown (?) wire that connects to the battery and turns the starter, one red wire that activates the solenoid and comes from the ignition switch, and probably another heavy duty wire that connects to the alternator and is connected together with the brown. Some of my wires have a green protection sleeve.

Back