General New Project.

Currently reading:
General New Project.

Hi Icecream, welcome to the board. I have heard of people succesfully transplanting the x1/9 1500 engine into a 128. However like you say they have problems with the oil pick up, possibly due to the engine in the x1/9 being slightly tilted causing oil starvation. Possibly fitting a Strada sump will correct this? I havent got much experience with engine transplants myself, however, I have done a little bit of research for you and you may find the following website usefull. Hope this is of assistance.

https://www.fiatforum.com/other-fiats/86133-fiat-128-engine-swap.html

Hi, thanks for your reply. I still have the 128 1300 engine. Can I use the oil pick up and the sump of the 128 engine. Can I put this on the X 1 9 engine? Will the oil problem be solved with that?
Regards, icecream

The 128 sump should work on the 1500 however you may have to run the oil level slightly higher than normal. It should work but not done it myself so can't be 100% certain.

Hi,
Thanks a lot for your info. Much appreciated.
Regards,
Ice cream

I'm currently in the process of completely de-bumpering my 1500 x1/9. The original front side lights were connected to bumpers so I now need to re-connect them to the body work. Are the 1300 side lights the same or do they connect to the bodywork? If the latter, does anyone have any which they are not using anymore, and are willing to sell? Also I will be in need of a new windscreen soon, if anyone has one spare?

Thanks guys.

Hi guys, just wandering does anyone have an exploded diagram of a 1500 engine? Or of the whole engine bay?

Cheers guys

Hi guys. Just been rebuilding engine and have noticed that I am missing one of the nuts which secures the big end caps. Does anyone know what size they are as they don't appear to be a standard metric size.

Off the top of my head I don't know what size the nuts are. I can pop a couple in the post for you though if you're stuck on finding one.

That would be fantastic if you could. How much would you want for them? I'll send you my address via PM.
Don't suppose you have a spare transmission guard (sits behind the flywheel) kicking around at all? Long shot I know but, hey, its worth asking.

Many many thanks

Hey guys! Just trying to get my 1500 block back together and am missing a piece! It's a plate which fits of the side of the block itself above the cam pulleys! Looking inside i can see the other side of the piston bores? i have a picture but unfortunately i cannot upload it for some reason! Hopefully someone can identify the part and then next question is has anyone got one spare? Cheers in advance. Mark

Hey guys! Just trying to get my 1500 block back together and am missing a piece! It's a plate which fits of the side of the block itself above the cam pulleys! Looking inside i can see the other side of the piston bores? i have a picture but unfortunately i cannot upload it for some reason! Hopefully someone can identify the part and then next question is has anyone got one spare? Cheers in advance. Mark

The description is a little vague there - I assume you mean the crank pulleys (not the cam pulleys). Which side of the block are you talking about?
A description of the shape of the plate would help too.

I suspect you mean a roughly diamond shaped piece that goes on the front facing side of the block.

image.jpg

Apparently not! :-s not 100% sure but I've got a water cover for the other side so presume its be the same on this side? Can anyone enlighten me? Cheers!

Bizarre as it sounds that doesn't look like any 1500 X1/9 block I've ever come across and much more like the FIRE block. Having the block upside down was a little confusing at first...

The pulley at the bottom of the picture is the oil pump drive which also doubles up as the alternator drive (a good reason why you have to use exactly the right pulley). The plate is standard on the early versions of the sohc block but Fiat undertook a programme to improve rigidity in the engine that deleted the apperture on later engines but I think that is restricted to the likes of Unos and Puntos.

On your picture you can quite clearly see the extent of the plate as it has left a mark on the block.

The engine side mount goes to the left of the plate (if you had the engine upright and look at that end of it)

There should be plenty of old engines around with one of these without paying that sort of money + postage, give me a couple of days, I'm sure I have 1 or 2 lying around

Back