Technical Ignition Control Box issue? Ignition Coil?

Currently reading:
Technical Ignition Control Box issue? Ignition Coil?

mtblan0

Tell me experts of the 1985 Bertone/Fiat X19, what would my car be doing if the Ignition Control Box was going bad? What about the ignition coil?

I am having starting issues (sometimes it turns over and sometimes not):confused:. It's not the starter, battery or alternator. Car also starts every time and runs great when pushed and started in second gear.:eek:

Ignition on the steering column?

Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.

Last edited:
This is not the coil or control box

It's a problem with the starter not being able to turn the motor over.

Check the ground strap from transmission to chassis.
Check the ground connection from battery to chassis.
Check the connections at the starter.

Could just be the starter motor clogged up inside - you'll probably find the brushes are worn out and there is graphite dust everywhere...

Thanks. Now the guy I had (past tense) looking at it claims it takes loosening an engine mount and jacking up the engine to get the starter out. I know it's cramped back there but it has to be easier than that. Got some tips on getting the starter out?

Thanks. Now the guy I had (past tense) looking at it claims it takes loosening an engine mount and jacking up the engine to get the starter out. I know it's cramped back there but it has to be easier than that. Got some tips on getting the starter out?

Your guy is wrong. It takes a bit of wiggling to get the starter past the radiator hoses, but no need to mess with motor mounts.

There was a thread on xweb just a little while back:http://xwebforums.org/showthread.php?p=62861 that talks about how to get the starter out.

Back